Born Again?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by zuchick
The Orthodox Christians believe one is Born Again each and everytime they Confess and Repent their sins, known and unknown.
Well, that's convenient, isn't it?

J

justhangn

If you live a proper honest life, what's the need to be reborn daily. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vrai, you signature line says, "Orthodoxy means not thinking -- not needing to think." Do you actually believe that?
Yes. I'm not a person who would blindly follow any religion or political party. Orthodoxy means you do just that - blindly follow without questioning. Your religious leaders do your thinking for you, then tell you what to regurgitate when someone else questions you.

J

justhangn

But who can live a proper honest life without Repentance?
If you stop screwing up, what's there to repent??

K

Kain99

Zuchick... I think maybe you need to step back and rethink your approach.

First, when I logged in this afternoon I saw two of your posts side by side. First, this one. Second, "My Ignore List." Interesting to say the least.

If you are trying to lead God's people - but you exclude the "gentiles" or unbelievers, then you are swimming upstream and fighting a losing battle.

This causes those of us who cherish God to question your motives.

If you never ever listen to another thing I say...please listen to this. You cannot lead people to God when you do not live the way that God commands.

This "jam it down your throat approach" Is turning many, who are sitting on the fence away from God. You will be held responsible for this at judgement.

I try very hard to look into the hearts of others and understand that God loves every single one of us. None is above the other.

Stop force feeding God and join our family. Once you get to know us... You'll find ton's of opportunity to lovingly talk about God.

Right now you are placing your eternity in jepordy. I know you don't see it. :smile:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I was born once. I would not presume that God failed to create me as he wished me to be the first time. Therefore, why would I seek to be born again?

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Kain99

First, when I logged in this afternoon I saw two of your posts side by side. First, this one. Second, "My Ignore List." Interesting to say the least.

If you are trying to lead God's people - but you exclude the "gentiles" or unbelievers, then you are swimming upstream and fighting a losing battle.

If you never ever listen to another thing I say...please listen to this. You cannot lead people to God when you do not live the way that God commands.

This "jam it down your throat approach" Is turning many, who are sitting on the fence away from God. You will be held responsible for this at judgement.

I try very hard to look into the hearts of others and understand that God loves every single one of us. None is above the other.

Stop force feeding God and join our family. Once you get to know us... You'll find ton's of opportunity to lovingly talk about God.

Right now you are placing your eternity in jepordy. I know you don't see it. :smile:
Welcome to the iggy list. Would you like a complimentary beverage?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Kain99

Well put K...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain, he already said he was a sinner and that as long as he says he's sorry every day, God will still give him Grace.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Kain, he already said he was a sinner and that as long as he says he's sorry every day, God will still give him Grace.

So, as long as I say I'm sorry I can do anything to my fellow man?? UFB!

If that's what heaven is full of, I'll take HE LL!

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
The Orthodox Christians believe one is Born Again each and everytime they Confess and Repent their sins, known and unknown.
What good is it to repent unknown sins. You said once before that if you confess, while in your heart, you know you will commit the same sin again, you are lying before God. On the same token, how can you repent a sin you didn't know was a sin. In all likelihood, you will commit that sin again through ignorance. How can you repent of something you didn't know was wrong when you didn't feel the wrongness of it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No one is asking you to be Blindly Lead.

No Orthodox is the Greek Word that means Correct Belief.
Apparently the irony of these two statements is lost on you. And you might want to get a dictionary and look up "orthodox". Unless your religion lets you make up meanings of words, too.

Are you Born again and if so, what does it mean to you?
Like CMac, said - I was already born once. That was enough.

K

Kain99

Zuchick.... I'll take it that you're thinking about what I said.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by justhangn
Assuming a lot aren't ya?? :lmao:
I guess I am...... Have you ever seen Crabcakes DQ do her " Your doing way to much of this...and not enough of that" schtick?

It's a riot and has Zuchick written all over it. :wink:

K

Kain99

Kain99, only a fool ignores wisdom.
Does this mean that you are listening to me....or that I should be listening to you. :wink:

Mountain MaMa

WV bound
Ok how about this one. I've never been baptised, don't believe in this born again stuff, never attended any church on a regular basis. However I believe in a higher power and I believe I will go to what many people call heaven..

Pete

Repete
I think you misunderstand what I am doing.. I am merely promoting an understanding of the Orthodoxy. I realize I can not lead anyone to God.. The best I can ever hope to do is to sow the seeds and rely upon the Lord for Growth..

And for me to do anything different then what I am doing is like asking the Sky to change from Blue to another color. It is what I am.

And as Christ said, many will be called, but only a few will be choosen. Those who are the most vocal are the ones who are beyond anything I can do for them assuming I ever could.. It is those who are silent that concern me the most.
Don't worry, they are begining to learn the word loathe.....allow me........

loathe
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: lth KEY
TRANSITIVE VERB: Inflected forms: loathed, loath·ing, loathes
To dislike (someone or something) greatly; abhor.
ETYMOLOGY: Middle English lothen, from Old English lthian.
OTHER FORMS: loather —NOUN