Are you alright?

"Yes. I'm scared."

"Do I need to come get you?"

"Yes."

"Is anyone hurt?"

"No."

"On the way".

The Scene:

She does NOT have card blanche. She is required to ask to use the (my) car, and she does. Obviously, I have no idea if she goes where she says when she has the car.

For work, she is allowed to take off when she needs to, just so long as we knew her schedule. Same for any legit uses, school, lessons. Extra stuff, trips to the store, movies, pals, STARBUCKS, are extra and require a flight plan and ground clearance.

So, our Bundle of Joy decides that it would be really great to have a Starbucks before work.

(Cue snow, slippery road...this was, check my pulse...2 1/2 hours ago)

I say "She effing eh well didn't ask if it was OK to go to Starbucks before work (extra 10 miles BTW) because she knew effing eh well the answer would be... "NO. You just had a fender bender 3 weeks ago, there's snow on the roads. What a STUPID question."

I feel betrayed and used, taken for granted and no respect for the property in question which is now MESSED UP. I knew damn well that's what I was doing to my dad lo these 23 years ago. I had the good luck/skill to not break anything I couldn't fix before he saw it.

Board For a Head Mommy says: "Nah, no betrayal, no taken for granted. She just made a poor choice based on not thinking about it. She didn't call because she didn't think it was required. I never thought I was trying to pull a fast one with my mom."

Yeah, right.

I am PIZZED. PIZZED.

Don't give me the 'be thankful she isn't hurt' bit because I am.

It is now time for punishment and motive is key here. I think I am a bad parent as giving kids anything more than bread and water is a HUGE mistake.

Well?????????????

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry is taking this accident personally, as you can see. I read her the riot act, but I don't really expect the kids to NOT make poor decisions on the way to adulthood (if we let them live that long). I've been ####ed at kids for almost 21 years now so it's kind of a reflex and not something I really think about.

I don't feel betrayed - I'm more along the lines of wishing she were mature enough to look out the window, see that the weather is bad and the roads are bad, and realize she shouldn't be out galavanting. I'd have been majorly impressed if she'd called and said, "Hey, can you give me a ride to work since the roads are bad?" but that's probably asking too much.

I hope she's scared to death and has learned a lesson. If she hadn't been wearing her seat belt *ahem* she'd certainly have been injured or killed.

K

Kain99

So you'd have been much less upset if the accident occured on the way to work? Bread and water may be in order but temper justice with mercy. :wink:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Kain...KMA...

...you're just like my best friend.

He says:

I see no use in giving a teenage a car and then getting mad because they went to get a coffee

What kind of crap is that?

Sorry...the anger is subsiding and now I just wanna go hug her...

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Kain...KMA...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...you're just like my best friend.

He says:

What kind of crap is that?

Sorry...the anger is subsiding and now I just wanna go hug her...
Allll :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Kain99
So you'd have been much less upset if the accident occured on the way to work?
If she'd have gone straight to work, there wouldn't have been an accident. She works about 3 miles from the house, right on the main road. The accident occurred on Braddock Hill, which is icier and more treacherous. She should have known better than to risk it.

Did Larry mention that she got hit by a truck? A BIG truck? Smashed in the back of the Jeep Wagoneer she was driving - obliterated the rear window, glass all over the car, parts of Jeep all over the road. It was pretty scary.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Did Larry mention that she got hit by a truck? A BIG truck? Smashed in the back of the Jeep Wagoneer she was driving - obliterated the rear window, glass all over the car, parts of Jeep all over the road. It was pretty scary.
So, she was struck by another vehicle? I think you could if and but all you want to but an accident is just that, an accident. Given the current conditions, hell given any conditions, an accident can happen anytime any place... Was the driver of the truck cited?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by mainman
So, she was struck by another vehicle?
She was traveling up the mountain, westbound. She hit a patch of ice and slid over into the oncoming lane. Big huge delivery truck smashed into her. He wasn't cited because it wasn't his fault.

lfquade

If she'd have gone straight to work, there wouldn't have been an accident. She works about 3 miles from the house, right on the main road. The accident occurred on Braddock Hill, which is icier and more treacherous. She should have known better than to risk it.

I'm not to sure about that. It could have happened on the way to work. How do you or I know that it only happened because she stopped somewhere else? that and she hit ice right, well black ice isn't too easy to see she could have encountered that on 235 or on that back road.

It's not my business so I'll shut up now....:wink:

And I'm glad she's ok.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Glad she's okay!! I'm sure she's learned her lesson from the sound of it. No galavanting or extra unnecessary stops that aren't pre-arranged, especially when the weather is bad.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by lfquade
I'm not to sure about that. It could have happened on the way to work. How do you or I know that it only happened because she stopped somewhere else?

Vrai is saying that the child's work is very close to home and on a main drag that is obviously much better treated for the weather than the area that she was in. You see that anywhere - some areas are much less dangerous in snowy/icy weather than others. The accident could have happened anywhere, yes - but was A LOT less likely to occur on the main road than where she'd ventured to.

Last edited:

lfquade

Originally posted by PFgal
Vrai is saying that the child's work is very close to home and on a main drag that is obviously much better treated for the weather than the area that she was in. You see that anywhere - some areas are much less dangerous in snowy/icy weather than others. The accident could have happened anywhere, yes - but WAs A LOT less likely to occur on the main road than where she'd ventured to.

I understand what she is saying. Our street looked a lot better then 235, I saw a van in the ditch on 235 about 45 minutes ago, so it happens.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone.:wink:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am so glad that she is okay! :huggy:

Unfortunately, she made a bad choice to go for coffee. Be thankful that she wasn't cruising for booze and it could have been worse.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:wink: Well Larry, if you were the caring father that you appear to be, (now that you've calmed down), you'd ensure that your baby has a supply of Starbucks coffee in the morning to let her know everything is alright.

Plus, she won't have to go out of her way to get it anymore!

K

Kain99

She was traveling up the mountain, westbound. She hit a patch of ice and slid over into the oncoming lane. Big huge delivery truck smashed into her. He wasn't cited because it wasn't his fault.
OMG! Dayum I don't even want to think about what could have happened! This is one of those lessons in life that she will carry with her always.

I had my first accident when I was 16 on Chancellors Run Rd. In the snow.

Poor baby. You guys are awesome parents. In the end all will be well and baby girl will have learned one of lifes most valuable lessons.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: