Pediatrician in Calvert County?

Ohiogirl

Hey, we're new to the area and need to find a pediatrician, or a family provider. Anywhere between Prince Frederick and Solomons works for us. Can anyone recommend a good doctor? Anyone you would NOT recommend? Thanks in advance!

HotPinkChicken

I have been with Bay Shore Pediatrics in Prince Frederick for 6 years. index I've recommended them time and again. There are three doctors there, Drs. Skolnick, Singh, and Chiu. Skolnick and Chiu are married. I prefer Drs. Skolnick & Singh for their connection to the kids. They have after hours sick appointments, and I've never had a problem getting a regular appointment.

Dedee

I have been with Bay Shore Pediatrics in Prince Frederick for 6 years. index I've recommended them time and again. There are three doctors there, Drs. Skolnick, Singh, and Chiu. Skolnick and Chiu are married. I prefer Drs. Skolnick & Singh for their connection to the kids. They have after hours sick appointments, and I've never had a problem getting a regular appointment.

I agree!

manthaleigh

:yeahthat: I take my kids there. Dr. Singh has seen my kids since they were born on their first hospital check-up. All three doctors are good, but I agree Dr. Singh and Dr. Skolnick have a little bit of a better bed side manner. Sometimes Dr Chiu looks at you like you are stupid...Dr. Singh is the best though and my kids LOVE him!

HotPinkChicken

:yeahthat: I take my kids there. Dr. Singh has seen my kids since they were born on their first hospital check-up. All three doctors are good, but I agree Dr. Singh and Dr. Skolnick have a little bit of a better bed side manner. Sometimes Dr Chiu looks at you like you are stupid...Dr. Singh is the best though and my kids LOVE him!

Yeah, it's not so much that I wouldn't trust Dr. Chiu. She does give you that "stupid" look sometimes. Dr. Singh arrived when I birthed my son 3 years ago wearing a Hawaiian shirt. How awesome is that! He is terrific. I have Dr. Skolnick as the kids' primary, but honestly I trust all three.

Ohiogirl

Thanks! I checked out their website, and they accept our insurance, so it looks like they'll be our new pediatricians :)

I saw a picture of Dr. Singh on their website, I can def. see him rocking a hawaiian shirt!

puggymom

Love, love, love Bayshore as well! Dr. Chiu is my kids primary but my kids have seen all of them at some point.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Our kids go to Dr. Silpa's practice. Huntingtown address, but it's really the north side of Prince Frederick on Southbound 4.

If they took adults I'd go there! :lmao:

HotPinkChicken

Thanks! I checked out their website, and they accept our insurance, so it looks like they'll be our new pediatricians :)

I saw a picture of Dr. Singh on their website, I can def. see him rocking a hawaiian shirt!

Good choice! Tell them we were discussing them on SOMD.com!

LazySmurfette

Dr. Singh is my kids primary and has seen them since he has been with the practice, The kids have been with Bayshore since they were born, 7 years and I have no qualms about making the trek to PF just to keep them with the same Doc... Absolutely love the office staff too!

C

CalvertNewbie

You'll love them there. Our primary is Dr. Singh, he has such a great personality and is great with kids and parental concerns. My 21 month old son loves him, smiles as soon as he sees him. We saw Dr. Skolnick just last week, loved him too. Dr. Chiu, ehhhhh. Although I trust her professional opinion/knowledge, I don't think her personality is quite as friendly as the other two doctors. If someone can make a sick little boy smile and laugh in addition to making him better, we're happy. The office staff is great and if you call with a question, the NP always calls back quickly.