Another pediatrician thread..

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Sorry :lmao:

But I am trying to secure one in the next month or two, and I am looking ver specifically for a breast feeding friendly doc. One who is not going to hassle me about some weight chart somewhere, or tell me that poking cereal down her poor little throat is what I need to do to be a good parent... I have had friends whose docs actually tell them to put oil in their kids bottle to fattten them up because they don't adhere to some weight chart. No way Jose.

I need a pediatrician that trusts me as a mother and doesn't try to pressure me into things to fit some arbitrary "requirement" Anywhere in St. mary's or southern calvert would be fine...

libby

I don't start solids for my children until about 10mos. old. Dr. Sheth has never batted an eye when I've said that they're still totally breast fed. I find him condescending and challenging re: some other issues, but not nursing.
Enjoy the precious time w/ your baby.

ewashkow

Sorry :lmao:

But I am trying to secure one in the next month or two, and I am looking ver specifically for a breast feeding friendly doc. One who is not going to hassle me about some weight chart somewhere, or tell me that poking cereal down her poor little throat is what I need to do to be a good parent... I have had friends whose docs actually tell them to put oil in their kids bottle to fattten them up because they don't adhere to some weight chart. No way Jose.

I need a pediatrician that trusts me as a mother and doesn't try to pressure me into things to fit some arbitrary "requirement" Anywhere in St. mary's or southern calvert would be fine...

See if you can have a few interviews with different peds. While you are waiting to have the doctor do the consult, ask the people in the waiting room about the practice. They will tell you the doctors they like, the bedside manners, issues they have had, etc.

pelers

Definitely go interview a couple of doctors and ask them. I imagine they will be up front with their opinions on the matter. Not so many pediatricians down here that they are fighting for new patients!