New Worm (W32/Mydoom@MM)

mainman

Set Trippin
This is a mass-mailing and peer-to-peer file-sharing worm that arrives in an email message as follows:

Subject: (Varies, such as)

Error
Status
Server Report
Mail Transaction Failed
Mail Delivery System
hello
hi

Read All About It

K

Kain99

If people were'nt such suckers, these guys would be out of business. :rolleyes:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Kain99
If people were'nt such suckers, these guys would be out of business. :rolleyes:
What kills me is these bastards sit around and write these damn scripts... I don't know how much brain power it takes to do something like this, but why not use it for something good, instead of something evil... (hmmm, that sounds cartoonish) :ohwell:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by mainman
What kills me is these bastards sit around and write these damn scripts... I don't know how much brain power it takes to do something like this, but why not use it for something good, instead of something evil... (hmmm, that sounds cartoonish) :ohwell:

Virus authors are usually kids that are learning to program. These are their toys and they also get a nut about how far their toy actually goes and how much damage it causes.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by justhangn
Virus authors are usually kids that are learning to program. These are their toys and they also get a nut about how far their toy actually goes and how much damage it causes.
So, if they are outside the country, what can ya do? They are minors, what can ya do? Does anyone know what steps have been taken to prosecute previous offenders? :shrug:

J

justhangn

So, if they are outside the country, what can ya do? They are minors, what can ya do? Does anyone know what steps have been taken to prosecute previous offenders? :shrug:

There's not much you can do but to leave it to the international laws.

We've had two servers compromised over the last year, one from Beijing, one from Portugal and one from Brazil.

NOTHING was done to them. :boo:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by justhangn
There's not much you can do but to leave it to the international laws.

We've had two servers compromised over the last year, one from Beijing, one from Portugal and one from Brazil.

NOTHING was done to them. :boo:
Hey, I know what will fix this...

I.D. Card Readers in all PCs!!

:duh:...:rolleyes:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
nuke1.jpg