who videotaped giving birth?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
And why the heellllllll would you want to?

Ban on Photos During Delivery Upsets Some Moms-to-Be - FoxNews.com

Umm. I have no desire for ANYONE to have a video camera anywhere NEAR me while giving birth...and have no earthly idea why anyone would. I mean..I find it highly unlikely I will ever "forget" that day..and feel no need to have it documented.

I worked at frederick Memorial (mentioned in the article) and remember people talking about the incident they mention..and that to me is insane. Why the hell you would have a camera in a birth is beyond me..much less in a difficult one, or to continue to try to film once it becomes evident there is something going on.

I am ALLLLL about video camera bans, and see no problem with having a five minutes after birth rule to start taking still shots.

So. Who has a video of themselves giving birth?

I thought I heard that since K_Jo video taped the conception she figured it would be a good idea to get the birth too...:shrug:

Pete

Repete
I thought I heard that since K_Jo video taped the conception she figured it would be a good idea to get the birth too...:shrug:

Talk about awkward. When she asked me to run the camera for an "event" I didn't have a clue.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I don't remember anything about the Baby Bubba's birth, but I am perfectly ok with that. I don't need a stinkin' video to remind me of how gross it all was.

Pete

Repete
I don't remember anything about the Baby Bubba's birth, but I am perfectly ok with that. I don't need a stinkin' video to remind me of how gross it all was.

Yea, when Boy came out covered in baby cheese it kind of ruined the moment for me.

Pete

Repete

Tell me about it. I was a firm believer in the man belongs in the hall pacing nervously club. Of course I buckled and went in for his birth. They yanked him out and I was like :twitch: Glad they didn't ask me if I wanted to hold him before they cleaned him up. I would have said "Hell no" and been branded a bad dad.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Tell me about it. I was a firm believer in the man belongs in the hall pacing nervously club. Of course I buckled and went in for his birth. They yanked him out and I was like :twitch: Glad they didn't ask me if I wanted to hold him before they cleaned him up. I would have said "Hell no" and been branded a bad dad.

I don't recall girl being all icky when she was born. :lol:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Well Boy was a c-section. Maybe the squeezing out of a vagina acts like a squeegie or something. :shrug:

Good Lord! :lol:

I would not want to watch my own birth. That is just icky.

Pete

Repete
Good Lord! :lol:

I would not want to watch my own birth. That is just icky.

See that is the womans position. If you were guy-minded you would definitely video tape it. You would also show it every time the guys came over.

Check this out, watch my vagina stretch 7 times its natural size! Hurt like hell but I did it! OK OK OK, now here it goes....watch that sucker snap back into shape.........BAM! Cool eh?

Last edited:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
See that is the womans position. If you were guy-minded you would definitely video tape it. You would also show it every time the guys came over.

Check this out, watch my vagina stretch 7 times its natural size! Hurt like hell but I did it!

I just hurt mine laughing. :jet: :lmao:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Umm. I have no desire for ANYONE to have a video camera anywhere NEAR me while giving birth...and have no earthly idea why anyone would. I mean..I find it highly unlikely I will ever "forget" that day..and feel no need to have it documented.

I worked at frederick Memorial (mentioned in the article) and remember people talking about the incident they mention..and that to me is insane. Why the hell you would have a camera in a birth is beyond me..much less in a difficult one, or to continue to try to film once it becomes evident there is something going on.

I am ALLLLL about video camera bans, and see no problem with having a five minutes after birth rule to start taking still shots.

NOT me! Hellll no. Not only that, with Thing2 (Portsmouth Naval Med. Ctr) the DOCTOR kept insisting that I wanted the mirror strategically placed so I wouldn't regret missing the blessed event later in life. I had to nearly turn Linda Blair demonic on him in order to make him understand I wanted no parts of it.

A friend of mine has a son who's GF just had a baby in the summer. I declare - their entire HS graduating class attended or visited within 4 hours of that birth! They needed a revolving door on the maternity ward. Sheesh. :lol:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
NOT me! Hellll no. Not only that, with Thing2 (Portsmouth Naval Med. Ctr) the DOCTOR kept insisting that I wanted the mirror strategically placed so I wouldn't regret missing the blessed event later in life. I had to nearly turn Linda Blair demonic on him in order to make him understand I wanted no parts of it.

A friend of mine has a son who's GF just had a baby in the summer. I declare - their entire HS graduating class attended or visited within 4 hours of that birth! They needed a revolving door on the maternity ward. Sheesh. :lol:

OOOh no. That's another thing...I just don't want anyone bothering me. Why the heck would I want everyone to see me after that :twitch: No. If you want to come visit ...wait a few days until I get home and settled...then come see me and the baby. For Gooodness sakes she does get to come home with me..no need to come down there. I barely want SO or my mom. and as far as I am concerned they can wait in the hall. :killingme:killingme I dont understand people's need to make some kind of holiday or spectacle over the birth. Let me do it..then you can see me when I have showered, slept a few hours..and the poor baby has its nose sucked and stuff and is in a damn blanket.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
OOOh no. That's another thing...I just don't want anyone bothering me. Why the heck would I want everyone to see me after that :twitch: No. If you want to come visit ...wait a few days until I get home and settled...then come see me and the baby. For Gooodness sakes she does get to come home with me..no need to come down there. I barely want SO or my mom. and as far as I am concerned they can wait in the hall. :killingme:killingme I dont understand people's need to make some kind of holiday or spectacle over the birth. Let me do it..then you can see me when I have showered, slept a few hours..and the poor baby has its nose sucked and stuff and is in a damn blanket.

They really don't want to see you but since you pushed the baby out, they pretend they do. The baby gets gifts but the mom should get them.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:huggy: Soul sistah! :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Hey if I promise not to record or take pics, can I like just hang out and watch?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Guess I'm a sickie..I love to be there...attend the births. Greatest thing ever!! I was there for both of my sister's babies, one of my friend's and with my daughter when each grandchild was born.

Although I don't think the video is necessary..but pics immediately after are great!