Siblings who look nothing alike

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's amazing to me. I was just looking at the Christmas shots of my girlfriend's kids and there's no way you'd know they were biological brothers, because they are almost complete physical opposites. The older boy looks like his dad and the younger like his mom.

My son and daughter are obviously siblings, but Larry's two girls look nothing alike - one looks like Larry's sister and the other looks like her mom.

That's all - just amazing to me how two kids from the same set of parents look nothing alike. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
My brothers and I look alike, which is funny because our youngest brother has a different dad. The middle brother and I favor our dad, and the youngest favors our stepdad, but we all manage to look very similar. Dustin and his youngest brother look very much alike, but their middle brother doesn't look like anyone. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My brothers and I look alike, which is funny because our youngest brother has a different dad. The middle brother and I favor our dad, and the youngest favors our stepdad, but we all manage to look very similar. Dustin and his youngest brother look very much alike, but their middle brother doesn't look like anyone. :lol:

Maybe he looks like the milkman. I'm just sayin... :whistle:

j/k! :lol:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My sisters (all five of 'em) and I look nothing alike. There are some similarities among them, but still, they mostly resemble no one.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I never knew my blonde hair, blue eyed son and my brown hair, hazel eyed son looked alike until their boot camp pics 4 years apart.

People would see the pics and ask if they were twins :lol:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
Milkman, Mailman, Cable Guy, Plumber, Poolboy, SoMD_Fun_Guy ..... Wait! you have no proof. :killingme

I agree that it is odd how siblings can look completely different and unrelated.
It's funny how DNA works sometimes with it's recessive genes, dominant genes (and tight jeans!) :lmao:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
My sister and I look nothing alike. I don't even think we have any similar physical traits. :shrug:

My brother and I look nothing alike IMO. He looks more like our mom and I look more like our dad, but there is no strong family resemblance that I can see. Maybe that's where the mailman comes in :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry and his sibs are clearly brothers and sisters - in some pics you can't tell the two sisters apart.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
My brother and I look so little alike that when we'd go somewhere together in our teen years we'd get asked if we were a couple. :barf: Poor guy it's kinda like the movie "Twins" and he got all the crap genes. He's got red hair, a big nose, fair pink skin, jacked up teeth and is a chubster.

My sister who is only my half sister and I look kinda similar but she's blonde/blue and I'm dark brown/brown.

My boys are colored differently but have a VERY similar facial structure.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Larry and his sibs are clearly brothers and sisters - in some pics you can't tell the two sisters apart.

I have never met his sibs, but you know my sistard. People say either we look a lot alike, or nothing at all. Depends on the person, I guess. :shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I have never met his sibs, but you know my sistard. People say either we look a lot alike, or nothing at all. Depends on the person, I guess. :shrug:

Hard to tell, your sis doesn't have the tattooes you have.

Toxick

Splat
My sister and I have a passing resemblance. Nothing uncanny, but similar enough.

My kids all look like they were all churned out by the same molding machine and shot down the same assembly line.

Which, metaphorically speaking, I suppose they were. The only real difference in any of them is that my youngest has different color eyes than the other two. Other than that, they all have interchangable parts.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
i look nothing like my sister.. and nothing like my mom.. when i was in school i had a teacher ask me if she was my real mom... i look more like my dads sister and his side of family then anything..even our family friends say i look nothing like my mom and my sister

H

HazyCloud

That's amazing to me. I was just looking at the Christmas shots of my girlfriend's kids and there's no way you'd know they were biological brothers, because they are almost complete physical opposites. The older boy looks like his dad and the younger like his mom.

My son and daughter are obviously siblings, but Larry's two girls look nothing alike - one looks like Larry's sister and the other looks like her mom.

That's all - just amazing to me how two kids from the same set of parents look nothing alike. :lol:
Someone very close to me spent nearly 40 years of her life thinking that she was raised by her biological parents and that her 2 siblings were her full siblings. Then, on her mother's death bed she found out that she had a different father. It turns out her mother was 16 and pregnant and devastated, and needed a father for her baby but the biological father was unavailable. I don't know if the guy that raised her as his daughter ever knew the truth, or even if he does now. I bet stories like this happen alot. It was clear on the mother's death bed that she had been somehow suppressing this secret in a compartment of her mind, but could no longer hide it from her daughter. It turned her daughter's world upside down for a while, but she's over it now.