From the Bottom of my Heart.

Z

zuchick

For those who feel I have offended you by my words, intent, gestures or anyother way, I plead your forgiveness from the bottom of my heart.

But more so, I ask God's forgiveness for my anger..

Pete

Repete
Might I take a moment to point out for the record I recognized this duhard for the goober that he was form the very fist post. I now feel vindicated in that nearly everyone on the forum now see's what a concieted, hypocritical, self serving blow hard he really is, even if it took much longer.

BTW, I am a BIG snot, not a little snot, you even got that wrong.

K

Kain99

Anger is not a sin.

Matthew 21:12
Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

K

Kain99

Great question!

The number seven is a powerful one in the Bible - there are the seven days of creation, seven seals, and seven years of feast and famine, to name just a few occurrences of the number. But one seven you won't find in the Bible is the Seven Deadly Sins.

Rules to live by abound in the Old and New Testaments, but the well-known list of don'ts isn't specifically among them. It was Pope Gregory the Great, back in the sixth century AD, who came up with a list of seven spiritual offenses: pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, and sadness (which was later changed to sloth). Pride was always listed as the first and gravest of the seven, because, the thinking went, without pride, you wouldn't have the arrogance to commit the other six.

Since Jesus was "sinless" we conclude that anger is NOT a sin.

Makavide

Not too talkative
Originally posted by Kain99
Great question!

The number seven is a powerful one in the Bible - there are the seven days of creation, seven seals, and seven years of feast and famine, to name just a few occurrences of the number. But one seven you won't find in the Bible is the Seven Deadly Sins.

Rules to live by abound in the Old and New Testaments, but the well-known list of don'ts isn't specifically among them. It was Pope Gregory the Great, back in the sixth century AD, who came up with a list of seven spiritual offenses: pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, and sadness (which was later changed to sloth). Pride was always listed as the first and gravest of the seven, because, the thinking went, without pride, you wouldn't have the arrogance to commit the other six.

Since Jesus was "sinless" we conclude that anger is NOT a sin.

Okay, I'll buy the fact that the seven deadly sins were not spelled out in the bible and thus they are man's interpratations.

But I don't recall where Jesus said he was sinless (truthfully, I don't recall everything in the bible to begin with). I recall where it shows that he died for our sins, but not that he was sinless.

In a way, by your interpratation of Mathew 21:12 as Jesus being angry but sinless, you should then be able to infer that he thought he was sinful since he did not "cast a stone"

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Makavide
Okay, I'll buy the fact that the seven deadly sins were not spelled out in the bible and thus they are man's interpratations.

But I don't recall where Jesus said he was sinless (truthfully, I don't recall everything in the bible to begin with). I recall where it shows that he died for our sins, but not that he was sinless.

In a way, by your interpratation of Mathew 21:12 as Jesus being angry but sinless, you should then be able to infer that he thought he was sinful since he did not "cast a stone"
One thing that I really hate to do is get into Religious disagreements. However I can site a few verses that refer to Jesus as sinless. :wink:

1 Peter 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an High Priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew not sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

K

Kain99

Forgot one...

Matthew 5

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

mainman

Set Trippin
Why do I know you're fibbing? :wink:
Could The Lord Jesus Sin?
The serious contention has been made by some that our Lord Jesus Christ could sin when here upon earth. This is of such vital importance that I feel constrained to point out the fallacy of such a theory.

The most solemn implications follow upon this false idea. For, if the Lord Jesus could sin when He was upon earth during His sojourn here, then He can still sin now that He is in heaven, for our Lord passed through no change whatever as to His essential Personality and Being when He ascended to the throne of God, nor when He rose from the dead. Hebrews 13:8 assures us of this when it says that "Jesus Christ is the Same-yesterday, today and forever."

This could never be said of us believers; for with us the past, the present and the future are each distinctly different. In the past I had just one nature-a sinful, evil nature, capable of every sin in the catalogue of crime; in the present I have two natures-my old sinful nature, and I am also a partaker of God's divine sinless nature, according to II Peter 1:4. In the future there shall be a mighty inner as well as outer transformation as far as I am concerned, for I shall forever be relieved of my old sinful nature and be clothed with a glorified body-thus made completely like Him. We are told we shall be conformed to the image of His Son.

Since our blessed Lord did not, nor could have experienced such a spiritual change because He was and ever is perfect, then, to say He could sin while He was here on earth is to imply that He can sin now. It is this very fact that makes the contention of our Lord's possibility to sin so intensely serious, and, if considered, in its logical implication, deadly to all truth.

Praise God, as has been well said, "our Lord never ceased to be Who He was because of what He became, although absolutely perfect in what He became. What He was He is and He will be eternally."

Again we reiterate that if our Lord could sin when on earth He is still capable of sinning now. In that case we have no assurance that the work of redemption which He accomplished on the Cross is reliable. In that case our Lord might at any time in the future go back on it, and we would be eternally lost.

Makavide

Not too talkative
One thing that I really hate to do is get into Religious disagreements. However I can site a few verses that refer to Jesus as sinless. :wink:

But I said, I don't recall Jesus saying that he was sinless. Yes, others have reffered to Him as being sinless, but the gospels quote Him frequently, but like I said - in all those quotes I don't recall Him ever saying He was sinless.

K

Kain99

But I said, I don't recall Jesus saying that he was sinless. Yes, others have reffered to Him as being sinless, but the gospels quote Him frequently, but like I said - in all those quotes I don't recall Him ever saying He was sinless.
But I forgot the Matthew reference.....Please back up and read again...Thank you! :biggrin:

Makavide

Not too talkative
But I forgot the Matthew reference.....Please back up and read again...Thank you! :biggrin:

Read through it again, but still not seeing it...I guess the plank that is usually in my eye is causing it.

But, forgive me for going back to anger, Matthew 5 does go on a little further and says

21"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment.

K

Kain99

Read through it again, but still not seeing it...I guess the plank that is usually in my eye is causing it.

But, forgive me for going back to anger, Matthew 5 does go on a little further and says

21"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment.
Good One Chickadee! Now you have me in major mondo research mode! Love a challenge! :biggrin: