Baby movements

KDENISE977

HI !
I'm 22..ALMOST 23 weeks along and I'm wondering how much movement I should be feeling at this stage in my pregnancy? I feel little flutters or whatever you call it sometimes, not really at any certain time of the day or night?? But I am not sure if I should start to feel actual kicking yet?? or if my baby is lazy or what?? Just curious... I was reading somewhere that I should be able to feel it pretty consistently at this stage??

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
HI !
I'm 22..ALMOST 23 weeks along and I'm wondering how much movement I should be feeling at this stage in my pregnancy? I feel little flutters or whatever you call it sometimes, not really at any certain time of the day or night?? But I am not sure if I should start to feel actual kicking yet?? or if my baby is lazy or what?? Just curious... I was reading somewhere that I should be able to feel it pretty consistently at this stage??

Everyone is different and every baby is different. What did your doctor say about it?

KDENISE977

Well... i was there at 21 weeks, and won't be again for another 2...they are always in such a hurry :-|...just asking fellow females

sunflower

Loving My Life...
As long as your feeling some movement you should be ok. BUT talk to your Dr. they should never be to busy to answer your questions.. Once he/she starts moving though it wont stop.. Enjoy!!!

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I felt my 1st 2 move all the time. With my 3rd she rarely moved. The dr told me it was because the way she was in my belly. Something about the placenta being in a weird position and if the baby kicked she would kick the placenta and babies dont like to do that. I would move my belly around and jab her all the time just to get some kind of movement.

puggymom

Everyone is different and every baby is different. What did your doctor say about it?

I agree. I swear I was constantly worried because my 1st was not a mover until 30ish weeks. I mean I felt her around 22 weeks but I constantly worried it was not enough. My 2nd...well he was non stop starting about 20 weeks.
That being said never be afraid to voice your questions/concerns to your doctor.

stars24

I'm a little behind you at 20 weeks... I've felt faint flutters since 17 weeks but only when I'm really paying attention to it. The ultrasound tech said the placenta is in front of the baby which may make it harder to feel movement and I mentioned to the doc that I only have felt a few flutters when I'm really paying attention and he didn't seem to be too concerned.:shrug:

doubtfull24

Eat a couple bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and see what happens. :)

I think they are saying the sugar in the cereal will make the baby kick more:) I'm about 7 months pregnant and somedays I feel my son kick all day others hardly at all.SoI will lay flat on my back and move my stomach a little and he usually will kick. I asked my OB doctor and she said they are more likely to move after you eat:)

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I started feeling baby girl at about 16 weeks or so..within the next two weeks..it dissolved into ferocious movement..and she hasn't stopped since..except for a day or two..however a friend of mine didn't feel a thing until she was 25-26 weeks along. Also, I barely ever felt her move early on when I layed down..so many people told me that's when they felt it..but I found if I sat and leaned foward..I could def feel it. So have a drink of something sugary and try the seated position leaning foward and pay close attention. It can depend on where the baby is, how you are shaped, your weight, and just her general kind of movements. Soon enough I am sure you will start to feel it constantly..esp when you are trying to sleep and want a tiny break:cds: lol.

pelers

I didn't feel mine regularly until the mid-late twenty weeks. Would get little flutters but nothing you could seriously identify as a kick.

I am 27 weeks and I would say the baby got really active around 22 or 23 weeks. All babies are different and I would not worry too much about it. He moves the most after I eat something sweet... or drink pineapple juice :smile:

Be careful what you wish for, though. My sister's daughter kicked her so hard, she cracked her rib. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I started feeling baby girl at about 16 weeks or so..within the next two weeks..it dissolved into ferocious movement..and she hasn't stopped since..except for a day or two..
Mine was the same way. He is now 8 years old and has only stopped moving for approximately 14 minutes total in his entire life. :lol: I swear that baby came out with defined calf muscles. I kid you not. :lol:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Mine was the same way. He is now 8 years old and has only stopped moving for approximately 14 minutes total in his entire life. :lol: I swear that baby came out with defined calf muscles. I kid you not. :lol:

that is exactly what I am afraid of. :cds: Because she is a crazy mover. It is nearly constant..and I felt her long before anyone expected me to. I have a fear she is going to be some kind of over active monster baby that never sleeps :jameo:

ewashkow

I practically never felt my son move. I was worried about it but my ob kept detecting a good heart beat so she ordered a sonogram. I don't know how but my son knew when the sonogram was going because he kept moving and twisting.

Another time during a sonogroam I mentioned stories about people being told one sex and getting the other. At that moment, Alex pushed and gave perfect proof that he was a boy.:killingme

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
You should be feeling some movement every day. It doesn't have to be big kicks at this point, it may feel like gas bubbles or muscle twitches. Unborn babies often sleep most of the day and are active at night because as you move around they are rocked to sleep, but when you stop, they wake up. So that may be why you aren't feeling much during the day.

As long as you are feeling something, you're fine, but if you are worried, drink a glass of nice cold juice. The combination of cold and sugar usually wakes the baby up and he'll start bouncing off the walls.

KDENISE977

I will try this sugary cold drink thing everyone says :) !! I def. feel the fluttery thing going on throughout the day, but haven't been able to pin point when and what is the common denominator ?? My doctor has ordered another sonogram in a few weeks (my first pictures I guess weren't good enough of the heart) so we'll see if he moves then !!

THANKS ALL !!