Preschool Reviews Please

daisy

Does anyone have any experience with the following preschools:

Little Sonbeams, Lexington Park
Creative Beginnings, Lexington Park
Honey MacCallum, California
St. John Vianney, Prince Frederick

Our daughter is at a school currently, but we are looking for a new one for next year. She would be in the 4 year old program, and we would PREFER a 5 day program if we can find on that is worth the expense. 3 day is not out of the question at all though.

Thanks

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Does anyone have any experience with the following preschools:

Little Sonbeams, Lexington Park
Creative Beginnings, Lexington Park
Honey MacCallum, California
St. John Vianney, Prince Frederick

Our daughter is at a school currently, but we are looking for a new one for next year. She would be in the 4 year old program, and we would PREFER a 5 day program if we can find on that is worth the expense. 3 day is not out of the question at all though.

Thanks

:yay::yay: for Little Sonbeams. Both my sons (ages 10 and almost 7) went there and we loved it. It's our church too so the teachers knew our kids already but there were plenty of kids whose families don't attend the church. Both kids went to the 5 day class and had a ball. They prepared the boys for Kindergarten and it both cases, we were told that our sons were further along than a lot of kids entering Kindergarten.

jenbengen

Watch it
:yay::yay: for Little Sonbeams. Both my sons (ages 10 and almost 7) went there and we loved it. It's our church too so the teachers knew our kids already but there were plenty of kids whose families don't attend the church. Both kids went to the 5 day class and had a ball. They prepared the boys for Kindergarten and it both cases, we were told that our sons were further along than a lot of kids entering Kindergarten.

I totally agree with this. Both of my kids went to Little Sonbeams and loved it. All the teachers are wonderful and my kids enjoyed every second of it. They do a fantastic job preparing kids for kindergarten and I've even had teachers comment on how they've noticed the kids who come out of this preschool are well ahead of the game. I can't say enough good about them. Just be mindful that they can have a waiting list so you may want to call and ask when open registration begins. The slots go FAST.
Also, we attended a different church and this was not a problem for us at all. They welcomed everybody like family.

poster

I've not dealt with any of these daycares but a word of advice.
At 4yrs old I'd consider making sure the daycare is in your school district.
Otherwise you'll be moving again in a year.

daisy

I'm not too terribly concerned with whether or not its in our school district. I get the not changing schools too much thing, but once she hits Kindergarten she's in the same school for 6 years, so really this one transition isn't one I'm going to stress over.

Our situation is that she is in a 4 year old pre-k right now, and academically ready for Kindergarten. However, she turns 5 just days after the cutoff for Kindergarten. We aren't sure that we want her to repeat the exact same program next year, so are looking into others. Basically, she'll be the oldest in the class, and not learning any new concepts during school, but just new social interaction and maybe new teaching styles? Having a really hard time deciding for sure what to do though.

I just moved to prince frederick and am looking for a good preschool program for my 4 year old. Does anyone know of any preschool programs in the area?

Thanks

lisa8439

Does she really need the social interaction? If she is doing well in that environment and with the socialization of preK, why not have her tested and see if you can get her into K next year? She will be really bored in most preK programs if she is truly academically and socially ready for K - and she should be able to test into K if so. Contact the Board of Ed. and ask about it if you think you might want to go that route.

We used Honey MacCallum starting at age 3 and LOVED it.. turned my shy little wallflower into a more confident, blossoming child. They have two 4 year old programs - I'm assuming you'd want the 5 day a week program, which runs from 9:30 to 12. Academically they aren't the strongest - but I was more concerned with the socialization aspect myself, and something FUN for a 4/5 year old... she had a great time, and felt very comfortable with all of the kids in her class (20 - 2 teachers). However... that program is pretty popular and their registration just opened to the public today (it opens to church members and returning students/families a week earlier). The 5 day program fills up quick - they do keep a wait list, and there were a few kids that moved (military) and new kids that rotated in.. it fills up quickly though!

I've heard good things about Little Sonbeams too... can't speak for the one in Prince Frederick. I looked at Creative Beginnings and my daughter really didn't like it. She wouldn't come out from behind me the entire time. It just felt too daycare-ish to me, and a bit pricey... but that's just IMO, I know people that have taken their kids there and were satisfied with it.