Orthodontists and Dental Care.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
To make a long story short.

My son has been in braces for six years and recently went into retainers.

He saw the ortho and dentist regulary throughout this six year period.

Well, today he complained about his teeth and said he had a new tooth growing in.

Yup. There is a new tooth growing in behind his front teeth. He has no baby teeth left so this is another adult tooth.

Has anybody had this experience?

Why wasn't it caught after six years of care and x-rays and $$$$?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
You would think they would have seen this when they take a Panoramic x-ray. Unless they really thought it was never going to move but they still should have said something to you. Is it coming in where it'll mess up what ortho fixed?

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Thanks.

You would think they would have seen this when they take a Panoramic x-ray. Unless they really thought it was never going to move but they still should have said something to you. Is it coming in where it'll mess up what ortho fixed?

I am not a dentist or orthodontist but I believe it will push out everything they have done, so it will be a first thing Monday call.

I will call him "shark teeth" for the weekend.

I hate to think about the surgery to remove it.

wittykitty

I had an additional set of permanent upper front two teeth and they had to be removed surgically, but I wore a different ortho appliance called a bionator. I don't remember which happened first. I have never heard of anyone else having been through this, so I am interested to hear the outcome.

craptastic

:yeahthat: Haven't needed to start ortho just yet, but I really like him. Very nice guy.

I had a consult with him as well and yes, I agree he is a "nice guy" but I was not impressed at all. He blubbered and flubbered his way through the consult and seemed nervous. He talked about possibly needing to extract teeth (doesn't need to happen), and just overall didn't seem too professional or comfortable. Maybe he's not used to dealing with adults as patients, not sure. Like I said he was nice enough, maybe I just caught him at an off time.