Baseball Gear

I_LUV_KIDS

So my nephew just got signed up with a baseball program and he needs to buy pants and cleats.... Anyone have advice where and what to buy? We havnt exactly done this b4 :) He is almost 7

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
So my nephew just got signed up with a baseball program and he needs to buy pants and cleats.... Anyone have advice where and what to buy? We havnt exactly done this b4 :) He is almost 7

Advice: Don't over spend for gear at this young of age, they grow out of it so quick it's not worth buying "the best" out there. If you can, I wouldn't spend anymore on new than I would for a "used" price. Went through this with 3 and believe me, when they get older, you will spend plenty on gear that you think will help give them an edge, like the newer bats and gloves on the market.....2-3 hundred a pop.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Advice: Don't over spend for gear at this young of age, they grow out of it so quick it's not worth buying "the best" out there. If you can, I wouldn't spend anymore on new than I would for a "used" price. Went through this with 3 and believe me, when they get older, you will spend plenty on gear that you think will help give them an edge, like the newer bats and gloves on the market.....2-3 hundred a pop.

Play It Again Sports has used gear for cheap (not junk). There aren't many stores close by but might be worth it for now instead of spending money on stuff and then the kid decides he's done with it. Otherwise, I would check Modell's or Sports Authority. Dick's is expensive.

Littlebit

Try
Target and Wal-Mart, they carry cleats, cups, gloves, etc. may have pants also. Sports Paradise in Lex Park. Don't go overboard as the teams in Little League do supply uniforms if he is playing in that.

CRHS89

Is there anything a child needs for t-ball? (I know the team gives them shirts/hats. What about pants or cleats?

I_LUV_KIDS

Is there anything a child needs for t-ball? (I know the team gives them shirts/hats. What about pants or cleats?

Actually this isnt T-ball. yes they provide socks,shirt, and hat. They told us he needed cleats, pants, and to bring a ball.

Found cleats at Target and pants at Walmart! GREAT!

greeneyes36

Actually this isnt T-ball. yes they provide socks,shirt, and hat. They told us he needed cleats, pants, and to bring a ball.

Found cleats at Target and pants at Walmart! GREAT!

wish i'd seen this sooner - depending on the size you needed, i have cleats ..several pair all worn only one season sizes 11 - 2... just going to donate them to the little league to pass down...

greeneyes36

you WILL want to buy cleats...besides the better traction with cleats in the dirt, the ball field dirt RUINS/STAINS regular tennis shoes...unless of course you dont mind orange tennis shoes after one time wearing them in the dirt.

and of course a glove.... but dont buy the smallest glove out there. i think we had a 10" glove - which was good for tball.

mommy1

wish i'd seen this sooner - depending on the size you needed, i have cleats ..several pair all worn only one season sizes 11 - 2... just going to donate them to the little league to pass down...

Do you still have the size 11? Are they boys? What would you want for them? Thanks!