dance for 4yos?

My 4yo wants to take dance - VERY recreationally. Everything I found shows classes that won't begin enrolling again until next school year. Does anyone know of classes that can be taken beginning now, and possibly for a shorter term, in case she doesn't like it? THanks!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
My 4yo wants to take dance - VERY recreationally. Everything I found shows classes that won't begin enrolling again until next school year. Does anyone know of classes that can be taken beginning now, and possibly for a shorter term, in case she doesn't like it? THanks!

try parks and recs, they run couple week long sessions usually..or wait a few months until summer classes begin...Ballet Caliente happens to be my favorite :diva: and they start registration next month I believe..They are ballet focused..but there is a reason it is the basis of all dance forms.

I checked out Ballet Caliente, and saw that they have a summer session. Do you think they would be good for a 4yo? her sister just started taking piano lessons and she is feeling a bit left out. I think she'd really like dance.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I checked out Ballet Caliente, and saw that they have a summer session. Do you think they would be good for a 4yo? her sister just started taking piano lessons and she is feeling a bit left out. I think she'd really like dance.

Yes, a good idea. She can try it out for a short time without you committing to the long term. My daughter danced there for 8 years. I too highly recommened Ballet Caliente.

Try House of Dance in Hollywood.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

They are GREAT with the little ones..they have a lot of fun and play games. the little ones do not have the same kind of disciplined dance structure the older students do..they learn to have fun and love it..and slowly build up. The time commitment is very reasonable for youngins..and I have several friends whose kiddies dance there..and the little ones just love it. It is a serious dance studio with a strong love of dance and proper safe technique..but fun is the focus with little ones. Plus for the regular year the little ones have their own recital..and there is nothing more rewarding than to "practice" and perform..and nothing in the world cuter than a little girl in a tutu :yahoo:

I can't freakin wait for my little girl to join the world and then hurry up and get potty trained so I can put her butt in a leotard and bun and send her there!

puggymom

Dreams in Mechanicsville just opened a new larger studio and is accepting new registration for spring classes.