Motherboard Recommendation - Amd

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Can anyone out there recommend a motherboard that has lifetime warranty and is very tweakable?

The nForce series at Best Buy seems to be flexible, but the one I bought was broken :frown: . So, I'm not sure about them.

Looking at XP3000+ processor or should I go for those new fangled 64-bit ones (forgot the name)?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Jus bought an AMD motherboard from Best Buy.. think it was the NF7-S.. has SATA RAID on board, and the bios makes it highly Tweakable.. upclock and such.. Am running a +2500 AMD and it runs GREAT, need to buy another 120 Gig Drive so I can try the RAID, but just doing the upgrade with 512 MB of Memory has been night and day for me... Only NEGATIVE is integrated sound, but took that, sound isn't AS important as video and the sound I'm getting out of it is VERY good.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
OOOH one other minus.. it takes two drives to RAID a system, the board has two RAID SATA connectrors, but they only supply you with ONE SATA convertor..

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Thanks, but that was the motherboard that didn't work for me. Although I've heard a lot of good things about it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What didn't work?? one thing that was fairly strange,, tried to swap HD into new box.. you MUST do a new install of windows with that MotherBoard.. It refused to do a memory check, let alone boot, once I did the new install CLEAN install, it worked great!

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
The problem was at the BIOS level, the board recognized the CPU but refused to save the data into CMOS.