Babysitter/Nanny Question

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
I am in need of a babysitter/nanny in my home for about 4 hours a day 4 days a week (M-Th). Has anyone tried the listing services like sittercity or care.com? I was wondering which is best and what your experience was using the listing service.

somdnanny1

Thanks. Why is care.come easier to use? Do you think more people use it?

The design is easier to follow, it is easier to contact people through care.com. It is easier to search care.com for your specifications, sittercity is very difficult to manipulate to search. I have also found that more people use care.com.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
The design is easier to follow, it is easier to contact people through care.com. It is easier to search care.com for your specifications, sittercity is very difficult to manipulate to search. I have also found that more people use care.com.

Thanks so much! Exactly what I need to know.

Hazel

I posted on Nannies4Hire.com - Dr. Phil had talked about them, I think, but it was awhile ago. I only got a few responses, one was straight odd... You have to pay, I didn't get anything I could use from it for this area, wouldn't recommend it.

somdfunguy

not impressed
Just signed up for sittercity.com today. Found some people that look good on paper but still is just a bit scary. I miss my old sitter.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I have been a nanny for a long time. And I have to say I prefer Sittercity over care.com. While Care.com tends to have more exposure because of the tv commercials.. but- I will say that the care.com tends to have more spammers than sittercity. I have had more ad's come to me from spammers on care.com in the last month than I have on Sittercity.com

Just be sure to check it out. Background checks are good to run! And ask ask ask for references. Also, follow up on the references, not just ask for them.