WARNING: Leone's Resturaunt

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
Just wanted to let everyone know to beware of the Italian resturaunt in Wildwood called Leone's. A group of us went there tonight, the service was very slow, there were alot of dirty tables so we got crowded into a small table. It took a very long time to take our order and an even longer time to recieve the food. The food was discusting, nothing was as it should be and personally, mine was the worst. It was a calzone.....it arrived burnt, and with the amount of time we had already waited I decided to try to stomach it. I ate the filling out of it, that was about all that was consumable. When the bill came we brought it poor quality to the attention of the waitress and received a very nasty responce, then she went and got the chef and argued that I had eaten it even though it was burnt and should not get a discount. the Chef told her not to charge us for it and she continued to arue with him in front of all the other customers. So upon our departure we left the two penny tails up disappointment tip. She started screaming at us that she wasn't working for free and wanted a tip. When my friend refused to tip her she threw the pennies at him. Needless to say we will NEVER return there or even recommend anyone ever eat there. It was my worst dinning experience ever!

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Vicki
thanks for the info! I love to try new restaurants, but that one won't be one of them!:smile:

Same here, but I don't think I could handle the hour drive, hungry.

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
Re: Re: WARNING: Leone's Resturaunt

Originally posted by *archimedes*
Did she offer to kick 100% of your ass? :confused:

I wish, I could use a nice big fat lawsuit!

And the worst part, I was ill all night, You would think something that was so burnt would have gotten hot enough to kill any germs! I guess I'll be calling the health department too.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
She started screaming at us that she wasn't working for free and wanted a tip. When my friend refused to tip her she threw the pennies at him.

Got video? That sounds like the highlight of your evening. :roflmao:

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
No, and we had a video camera in the car! Man we could have made $10,000 on America's Funniest Videos

It's all in the timing...

Iceeyes, sorry and surprised to learn of your experience. But I'm here to tell you, it isn't always bad. (Although, maybe your waittress shoulda been fired.)

Here was my first visit to Leone's, also on a Saturday, about two weeks ago:

rebeka and I went earlier in the day, about six-ish on a very cold evening. There were many open tables, and our waittress (an older italian woman) seated us far from the front door. She was very pleasant, and made us laugh when we ordered our wine, "get a bottle, tomorrow is Sunday".

Our food was good and arrived in a reasonable time. The cook was interacting with some of the other customers and was coaxing everyone to dance, as he had turned on the music. We laughed some more. We both enjoyed the visit and will return again soon. Although, I'll probably visit before the busiest hours.

Here's to a better experience during your next restaurant visit :cheers: , whereever it may be.

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
The older woman was our waitress....................and she was VERY plesant until we complained, then all hell broke loose.
On the other hand at breakfast at Lenny's this morning( WHICH WAS WONDERFUL) we were discussing last night, and my friend who got the penny's thrown at him.....well his father and his wife, told us how they are ALWAYS treated nicely and the food is good.( But after our story, will probably not return) So I guess we caught them on a bad night, however it was poor enough that I will remain firm on the fact I will never return there, even if its the talk of the town. but thats just my 2 cents................(the ones that got thrown last night:dance: )

crazytown

I agree with iceeyes. I've been to that place in Wildewood, and it was HORRIBLE. Service was slow, and the food was not worth the wait.

While I was there, a gentleman came in who had ordered a pizza (carry out). He left, came back a few minutes later complaining his entire Pizza was burnt, they wouldn't make him a new one. Seriously, customers are your number one priority in retail/restaurant business----these people are too old to be starting a new business (just my opinion).

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by crazytown
He left, came back a few minutes later complaining his entire Pizza was burnt, they wouldn't make him a new one.

If there's one thing I hate the most, it's burnt food. I hope he walked out.

pilot

I've been to Leone's twice and both times were bad experiences.

The first time, they served me some chicken that wasn't completely cooked. Then they took forever to give us the check--and when I say forever, I mean forever. It finally got to be so bad that we both stood up and went up to the counter. They could clearly see that we were waiting to pay, and they just continued to ignore us. It literally took over 30 min. before we were finally able to settle the bill.

Still, I was willing to cut them some slack because this was right after they had opened.

A few months later we gave it another try. We sat down at the table (which still hadn't been cleaned) and waited...and waited... Finally, we just gave up and walked out.

I hate to bash the place, but it sounds like they have a lot to learn about customer service!

H

headinsouth

unfortunately

I have found that most of the resturants, including the fast food places, don't take time to clean tables anymore. I have quit going to McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and Arby's in St Mary's and Calvert counties... you would think they would look and see that every table is messy.. If the front, that we can see, looks that bad I'm not taking a chance on what I can't see.. the kitchen must be much worse.. If we stop going to those places, they will have more time to keep them clean.. there is NO excuse for bad service. If I get bad service they don't even get the 2 cents... if they don't want me to eat there, I will be happy to go where I can get good service.. Resturants are still service business'... right?