microchips

Elle

Happy Camper!
As I was pulling into work this morning on the radio they started discussing in light of all of the kidnappings and what not, placing computer chips in children at birth. The theory is that if a child vanishes they can just use a computer to track where the child is. What do you think about this idea????

K

Kain99

Great idea on the surface.... but you'd keep that chip for life. The Federal Gov't could use the technology in scary ways. :biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tys_mommy
As I was pulling into work this morning on the radio they started discussing in light of all of the kidnappings and what not, placing computer chips in children at birth. The theory is that if a child vanishes they can just use a computer to track where the child is. What do you think about this idea????
Sounds like a knee-jerk reaction to me. I wonder what the medical implications are for placing a transmitter under the skin of one so young.

K

Kizzy

I thought there was something in the bible that talked about what many people believe was the use of chips in humans and the number 666.

Otter posted a joke about ordering a pizza in the year 2010, and basically, this is what this chip would lead to. I think it may start as a tracking device, then it would lead to your financial data, your health data, etc. etc. and then I would feel owned.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ordering a pizza?? You mean in the way that they could track your likes dislikes, where and when you are, your buying cycles, and by using all this data can statistically predict when you would want a pizza delivered,, and actually deliver it the way you like it before you even think about ordering it??

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by itsbob
Ordering a pizza?? You mean in the way that they could track your likes dislikes, where and when you are, your buying cycles, and by using all this data can statistically predict when you would want a pizza delivered,, and actually deliver it the way you like it before you even think about ordering it??

No, more like according to your medical records, you should have a salad and a diet coke.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
in light of all of the kidnappings and what not
Classic lib-speak, trying to make it sound like this sort of thing happens all the time.

And classic lib-solution, don't punish the criminals but put chips in kids' heads to track their whereabouts.

:duh:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Classic lib-speak, trying to make it sound like this sort of thing happens all the time.

And classic lib-solution, don't punish the criminals but put chips in kids' heads to track their whereabouts.

:duh:
:boo: Amen.
I've had conversations with many people on this matter, and I've come away with the idea that we do not really "want to go down this road".
It sounds good from the standpoint of safety where children are concerned, but the uses of such a "chip", especially in the hands of well-meaning, but over-zealous people could mean danger to the rest of us.
Oh yeah, just like tracking a kidnap victim, you could be tracked everywhere you went, whether it was a trip to Dominoes for pizza, a late night visit to "Choo-Choos".
Even which church you go to, video stores, grocery and other establishments.
I'm not that eager for my predilictions to be fodder for anyone who wants to do a search out there; yet.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'd like a device, somewhat like a panic button, that my kid would wear, and if someone tries to kidnap them, they push a button and it electrocutes or decapitates the kidnapper. How cool would that be? :cool: :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
We'll microchip our dogs, but not our children? And why? Because "Screw it, that's lib-speak!" :confused:

If given the chance, I'd sign my daughter up tomorrow for one. She's the most important thing in my life, and for me to jeopardize that in any way, shape or form is bad parenting on my part.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
don't punish the criminals but put chips in kids' heads to track their whereabouts.

I think it’s a stupid idea as well but people pay to have that Onstar and such in their vehicles, and animal control offers something like this as well. And I think the criminals should be the ones to wear chips but then just think about all of the sickos out there that haven’t been caught yet:ohwell:

Last edited:

nomoney

I think it’s a stupid idea as well but people pay to have that Onstar and such in their vehicles, and animal control offers something like this as well. And I think the criminals should be the ones to wear chips but then just think about all of the sickos out there that haven’t been caught yet:ohwell:

Exactly; it should be common practice to chip the child molesters and kidnappers that are realeased every day on technicalities or because their "time" is up.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by nomoney
Exactly; it should be common practice to chip the child molesters and kidnappers that are realeased every day on technicalities or because their "time" is up.

I think it should be common practice to kill all sex offenders. F ever letting them out to reoffend. Once you've comitted a crime of that stature you get whacked. That goes for any type of violent crime.

Druggies... Give um the 3 strikes and you're ou rule. Only don't keep them in jail, kill them. There's obviously no rehabilitation for them. Just do society a favor and be done with them.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Sure, we can keep track of them, but how will we know if they've kidnapped or molested a child?

Pete

Repete
:yeahthat: a BIG 4" X 4" chip mounted to their foreheard with a flashing neon M on it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by kwillia
Don't forget, this would include the 17 year old who have been boinking their 15 year old girlfriend and then get turned in for rape by the chick's parents when he turns 18 even if he ends up marrying her when she turns 18....:ohwell: He is a sex offender in the eyes of the law.

No a 17 year old would not be. :razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
We'll microchip our dogs
The difference is that your dog will always be a dependent - the kid will grow up at some point and not be real interested in being tracked 24/7. Plus that, your dog is about 1000 times more likely to run off.

I think of microchipping kids as something those tard soccer mommies in Montgomery County do. Makes them feel all warm and fuzzy about "doing something" before they ditch Jr. to go get drunk with their bridge buddies.