Cloth Diapers

DosGattos

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern to make my own diapers? The only thing I can find online is what type of fabrics to use. I would like to have a pattern that I can print out or purchase. TIA. Also, has anyone ever made any? Do they work?

ewashkow

I use the FuzziBuns One-Size cloth diapers with my son. I just bought them from Cotton Babies instead of making them. Also, I suggest once the poop starts coming out more solid to invest in the liners. Makes it a lot easier to remove the poop before washing.

PrepH4U

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern to make my own diapers? The only thing I can find online is what type of fabrics to use. I would like to have a pattern that I can print out or purchase. TIA. Also, has anyone ever made any? Do they work?

You can't buy a diaper from the store to use as a template? :shrug:

Roman

Diapers

I use the FuzziBuns One-Size cloth diapers with my son. I just bought them from Cotton Babies instead of making them. Also, I suggest once the poop starts coming out more solid to invest in the liners. Makes it a lot easier to remove the poop before washing.

I wonder if you can use unscented fabric softner sheets, you know..hypoallergenic for the liners, and if it would be cheaper?

tastycake

I don't have any children but if I did, the thought of going back to cloth diapers would horrify me. HOWEVER, I am really happy to know that there are those that care enough about the environment to use them - plus they have to be cheaper! I am glad I don't have that guilt on my conscience.

Roman

Diapers

I don't have any children but if I did, the thought of going back to cloth diapers would horrify me. HOWEVER, I am really happy to know that there are those that care enough about the environment to use them - plus they have to be cheaper! I am glad I don't have that guilt on my conscience.

Cloth verses disposable? I'd rather use the disposeable. Mainly because I feel as though our washing machines can't get that hot of water to kill the germs. Back when I had kids, I tried the cloth diapers but found that they got rashes more from them than they did the toss-aways. Then with cloth..you'd have to use bleach to not only give you peace of mind, but to kill the germs. Bleach is very caustic I would think.