Deafening silence here...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Ramsey v. Gibbs.

Brunnell or Ramsey?

Who would you, armchair Generals, put on the field this coming season?

This is a wonderful example of how Snyder may yet ruin this to:

Reports say that Ramsey called Snyder to complain, in essence, about being challenged for a starting job.

Of course, Ramsey is now saying he feels mis-led and was not informed of what was going on. Boo effing hoo.

My God. Ever heard of Drew Bledsoe? Tom Brady?

I don't care who you are, if somebody better comes along, you're done. I am sorely dissapointed that Ramsey would even open his yap to burp at this point in time.

If Gibbs says he's bringing in John Elway, you say 'whatever is good for the team', tighten up your chin strap, get extra busy or catch the bus out of town.

The only reason Brunnel is available is because Jacksonville isn't willing to pay him what he's worth.

Note to Mr. Snyder:

Fire Pat Ramsey, right now, and put a huge sign on your office door:

'Complaints Welcome'

I love the kid but if your impulse is to cry to the boss (and worse he listens) man, you're not exactly exhibiting the kind of leadership a team needs late in the fourth quarter.

Am I wrong?

Nope. Not wrong in the least. I completely agree.
Besides, it's not just Ramsey that will be competing for a starting position, Coach Gibbs said EVERY player in EVERY position will have to fight for a starting position.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Larry Gude

Am I wrong?

Yes.

Considering the way snyder has treated people in the past, it takes pretty big balls for a player to call him and complain about something like this. I don't think ramsey doubts his abilities, but you can't teach experience which is what ramsey is fearful of when it comes to brunell. Plus ramsey had to sit through spurrier's 2 years and now thinks it isn't always the best guy who starts on Sundays, but rather the coach's favorite. With Gibbs courting brunell, it only makes sense that ramsey would feel a little isolated. I don't see this as a problem at all. But I see Ramsey as the future for the redskins, not Brunell. So we'll have to see how it shakes out. This is why Gibbs gets $5 million a year, and we can only discuss it on somd.com :cheesy:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Much ado about nothing...Believe its Ramsey's agent and the media stirring the pot. Most QBs thrive on competition and have an arrogance about them, I'm sure Ramsey is thinking 'bring it on'..If Patrick has done his homework, he knows Gibbs likes a veteran QB somewhere in the mix. If we get Brunnell, its a huge coup, will do nothing but make Ramsey a better QB whether he starts next year or not.

On the pipeline to Snyder, Gibbs needs to tell Snyder to advise agents/ players to talk to The Coach.