Chris Matthews strikes again: Sarah Palin ‘profoun

E

EmptyTimCup

:popcorn:

Chris Matthews strikes again: Sarah Palin ‘profoundly stupid’

With a history of accusations of misogynistic behavior from both the right and the left, MSNBC “Hardball” is not showing any indications that he’s willing to tread carefully, especially when it comes to discussing conservative women.

On his Tuesday MSNBC “Hardball” program, Matthews took another swipe at former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. In a discussion about the prospects of Minnesota Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann’s shot at the 2012 GOP presidential nomination, Matthews was warned by one of his guests not to count out Palin, to which he immediately downplayed her viability.

“I think Sarah Palin proved herself to be — I think she’s proven herself to be profoundly stupid,” Matthews said to applause on-location in Los Angeles. “Her inability to answers the questions of Katie Couric, her inability of even now to explain if she ever reads anything.”

“Her absolute failure to begin studying and get serious about running for president,” he continued. “She has shown no effort to doing any homework or understanding issues about the economy or science or the world. No effort and she’s running for president? I don’t believe she would be at all helpful to our republic.”

Matthews judgment: Palin’s participation in the 2012 race would be bad for America.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had no idea Sarah Palin was running for President. Apparently Chris got the memo before anyone else.

Mongo53

Its early enough, that more can easily still get in the Race. You'll see speculation that Huckabee will change his mind and still get in the race, as well as others.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Its early enough, that more can easily still get in the Race. You'll see speculation that Huckabee will change his mind and still get in the race, as well as others.

Monday night on MSNBC News, Brian Williams characterized the timing of GOP announcements as "...this late in the 2012 campaign." Apparently those of the Obama-camp believe that if you're not in it now, it's too late.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Matthews judgment: Palin’s participation in the 2012 race would be bad for America.

Matthews is very wrong about this. Palin's participation in the 2012 race would be hilarious for America.

This_person

And yet, ol' Chris can't find anything she actually said that was wrong.

I wonder if he thinks someone who believes there are at least 57 states is stupid.

I wonder if he believes someone who thinks the issues of Selma, Alabama (which happened years after he was born) are responsible for his parents getting together is profoundly stupid.

I wonder if he thinks someone who claims they wouldn't know what they're doing if they became president at the next possible opportunity, and then become president at the next possible opportunity, is profoundly stupid (in this case it is the voters, not the person - the person is just arrogant for running).

I wonder if he thinks someone who calls for nuclear power growth, and then stops Yucca Mt. is profoundly stupid.

I wonder if he thinks someone who wants to significantly raise the cost of everyone's electricity is profoundly stupid.

I wonder if he thinks someone who says we should become more energy independant, and then does all he can to quash energy production is profoundly stupid.

I wonder if he thinks that we should close Gitmo and then does nothing to close Gitmo is profoundly stupid.

I wonder if he thinks someone who believes - and acts on - we have to remove trillions of dollars from the economy and place it under government control, because somehow that will help the economy, is profoundly stupid.

Please, continue the list. There's so much more, but I can only type so much in one post :lol:

Mongo53

When Mathews said about Obama, "I get a shiver running up my leg" he lost all credibility. The guy, when he was on other networks had a good reputation, he might be a partisan liberal, but at least he maintained his objectivity and treated both sides equally and fairly. Then he goes over to MSNBC, and maybe Olberman infected his mind, but the guy just throw his years long reputation out the window, and does everything with an extreme leftist slant.

BOP

Chrissie Matthews clearly hasn't been listening to Palin. Every time I hear her, she reveals new depth of knowledge and insight into world and US events, even "calling the ball" on things that the pundits missed coming and going.

He's too busy whacking off to videos of the Anointed One.