Any Bets for

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by workin hard
the Daytona 500 this weekend?
Gotta go with Jr.

Gotta go with one of the old guys due to the change in tire compositions. Softer tires, so will require patience and more driving ability. I think the young guns will not be able to curb their need for speed and last the entire race without a mishap. If I was betting, I would consider Jarrett, either Labonte, Martin or Marlin. Since I'm not betting, I'll go with the hot head...Tony!!..

Re: Re: Any Bets for

Originally posted by otter
Gotta go with one of the old guys due to the change in tire compositions. Softer tires, so will require patience and more driving ability. I think the young guns will not be able to curb their need for speed and last the entire race without a mishap. If I was betting, I would consider Jarrett, either Labonte, Martin or Marlin. Since I'm not betting, I'll go with the hot head...Tony!!..
Can't stand Tony, but I personally wouldn't mind to see one of the older drivers who haven't won in a while get it. Rusty maybe?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Re: Re: Any Bets for

Can't stand Jr, but I personally wouldn't mind to see one of the older drivers who haven't won in a while get it. Rusty maybe?

You're right about Rusty, slipped my mind...

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Originally posted by Pete
#1 John Andretti in the Post/Maxwell House Chevy

Isn't he usually one of the first ones wrecked? (Sorry if this picks on your favorite driver, but it seems he wrecks early in most races).

Jameo

What?!
Jimmie Johnson all the way! :yay:

640x480_lowesracing1.jpg

K

Kizzy

I only watch racing to see the crashes. Same with hockey, I love the fights. :blushing:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It's going to be one of the handling teams that win it with the tires they are using. I'm thinking Gibb's Racing has a good chance. Go Tony.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by tlatchaw
Isn't he usually one of the first ones wrecked? (Sorry if this picks on your favorite driver, but it seems he wrecks early in most races).
Yes he was affectionatly kown as Crashdretti. He was running in the 43 and the cars sucked so bad he was always way in the back near a Bodine or Spencer. You know what happens when you are near one of those. Since he got on with DEI he had not crashed. Biffle spun him out when he was running in 6th place at Richmond and ha came back for a 12th place I think. Actually he always seems to get caught up in everyone elses mess.

TripleJ

the Daytona 500 this weekend?
Gotta go with Jr.
I think him and waltrip have a way of cheating with restricter plates that no one has found out about yet:cheers:

K

Kizzy

Ok, best commercial so far, the Dodge commercial where Newman is blowing off everyone's doors in the neighborhood. :killingme

I missed the big arse crash, because a tax client stopped by to pick up their return and kept talking and talking. :banghead:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by cattitude
Allllll :bawl: :bawl: Otter.

:biteme:

wooooo-hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought of you when he was making his last few laps.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by IM4Change
I thought of you when he was making his last few laps.

I was hopping around the kitchen (quietly :biggrin: ) for the last 12!!!! Might have turned out differently if Otter didn't rag on my #8 shirt this morning. :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cheers: I was happy to see Jr. win it.

Doubly happy to see that Jeff Gordon didn't as well.

Otter, your boy came close, but well, there's Rockingham next.

Wonder what goes through your mind those last 5 or 6 laps, seeing the hood of your nearest rival filling your rearview mirror?

When you're blasting along at 190 mph, with just a few more laps to go, I guess you better be confident in your car, eh?

Cool to see the president there to send 'em off!