Pug question

K

Kizzy

Is it normal for pugs to snort and grunt all the time? He snorts and grunts so much, I keep thinking he is going to pass out. :shrug: I'm dog sitting so I don't know much about them.

He has been running around playing so much this morning that he rushed pinching one off this morning and now he has a dingle berry. :barf:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by cattitude
Yeah, they do that alot. Make sure you keep his little face clean of food, etc.

Thanks, also his eyes seem more wet than most dogs, not runny to the point where I should be concerned I don't think, just wet.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by IM4Change
Thanks, also his eyes seem more wet than most dogs, not runny to the point where I should be concerned I don't think, just wet.

Caring for your Pug - Because of the Pug's short nose and large eyes, it is important for the owner to get in the habit of grooming their Pug on a regular basis. If your Pug's eyes seem dirty or wet, put an eye wash in and clean them whenever necessary. The nose wrinkle should always be kept dry and also be cleaned regularly. With that big wrinkle, no air can get in to dry moisture and Pugs consequently can get bacterial or fungal infections.

I was doing a search and goodness, what you find is somewhat scary. Pugs can have a myriad of problems. I do know that you need to watch the pup if it's playing with Milo. Pugs eyes are "out there" and they can easily become scratched, etc. when playing with other dogs.

K

Kizzy

Thanks catt :huggy:

I'm glad I'm just dog sitting, and I didn't run out and buy one. I whipped his runny wet nasty face. :lol: Milo looked at him with his head cocked to one side like man that is nasty.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
It is just a pug thing. I have two of them and the black one tends to have the runny eyes but he also has a larger fold than my fawn does.

They get so excited they sometimes have a hard time breathing. Some pugs also have to have nare surgery to enlargen their nasal passages to allow them to be able to breath a little better. Some also have an elongated palate that can cause them appear to be short of breath.

Pugs are not for everyone and the upkeep on them it not too bad.