America is a Christian Nation and the Bible was used to justify slavery

F

FredFlintstone

and the genocide of the Native Americans. It is true.

F

FredFlintstone

Re: Re: America is a Christian Nation and the Bible was used to justify slavery

Originally posted by G.R. Quinn

The Indians had slaves and practiced genocide, too.

Best,

G.R.

So I guess we were no better than than the savages we slaughtered.

Two wrongs don't make a right (but they make a right winger).

Where are you from, G. R. Quinn? How did you find this place?

F

FredFlintstone

I think any religion can be corrupted

Christians did it to justify war to start the Crusades.

Muslims use obscure passages to justify jihads.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fred, you're right - we are no better than our forefathers. Power, money, land - people still want those things, even if they have to take it by force from someone else. The US doesn't do this anymore (unless you're Bill Clinton, working for Loral - but that's a different topic) but we do have an ugly past. The good news is it IS the past - unlike some of these other "nations".

In case you haven't looked lately, slavery is against the law in this country. We can't rewrite history, only take steps to see that nothing like that happens again. The whole Indian thing was just shameful. But it's in the past and we can't change it.

On the other hand, I'm somewhat of a Social Darwinist, so I feel like if you want to keep your stuff, you should fight a little harder.

If you're smart, you'll bring up US occupation in foreign countries. Let me head you off at the pass by asking when was the last time we conquered another nation and made it our own?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While you're at it, tell me when was the last time Christians slaughtered another religious group en masse, or even tried to.

F

FredFlintstone

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Fred, you're right - we are no better than our forefathers. Power, money, land - people still want those things, even if they have to take it by force from someone else. The US doesn't do this anymore (unless you're Bill Clinton, working for Loral - but that's a different topic) but we do have an ugly past. The good news is it IS the past - unlike some of these other "nations".

In case you haven't looked lately, slavery is against the law in this country. We can't rewrite history, only take steps to see that nothing like that happens again. The whole Indian thing was just shameful. But it's in the past and we can't change it.

On the other hand, I'm somewhat of a Social Darwinist, so I feel like if you want to keep your stuff, you should fight a little harder.

If you're smart, you'll bring up US occupation in foreign countries. Let me head you off at the pass by asking when was the last time we conquered another nation and made it our own?

What does Bill Clinton have to do with this discussion? I guess you hate him or something.

The Spanish American war was the last time we conquered another nation (Spain) and turned their territories into our own. The war was manufactured by Hearst.

President Bush will probably do the same thing with Iraq though he should invade those thugs in Saudia Arabia and take their oil.

F

FredFlintstone

While you're at it, tell me when was the last time Christians slaughtered another religious group en masse, or even tried to.

Tim McVeigh was a Christian who blew up 168 of his fellow Americans. most of whom were Christians.

The Catholic IRA and Protestant Ulster Orangemen have been killing each other for many decades.

That is Christians slaughtering Christians.

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by FredFlintstone

What does Bill Clinton have to do with this discussion? I guess you hate him or something.

I could care less about Bill Clinton - but fact is fact.

The Spanish American war was the last time we conquered another nation (Spain) and turned their territories into our own. The war was manufactured by Hearst.
And how long ago was that?

President Bush will probably do the same thing with Iraq though he should invade those thugs in Saudia Arabia and take their oil.
If would make your life if Bush did something like that, wouldn't it? Anyway, he's not going to - any more than Reagan did it with the Soviet Union. The Saudi statement I might agree with but Bush isn't going to do that, either.

F

FredFlintstone

G. R. Quinn

You have some serious issues, dude.

Look at the threads you have started.

At least we know what your agenda is. Where are you from? How did you find this place?

America is a Christian Nation
G.R. Quinn

Democrat Senator Al Gore Voted Against The 1964 Civil
Rights Act
G.R. Quinn

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd: KKK Member ( 1 2 )
G.R. Quinn

Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt allowed trade with
the Nazis
G.R. Quinn

Algore Flunked Out Of College
G.R. Quinn
Democrat Party: The Party of Slavery ( 1 2 )
G.R. Quinn
break ( 1 2 3 )

SmallTown

Football season!

Mark well what I command you this day. I will drive out before you the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. Beware of making a covenant with the inhabitants of the land against which you are advancing, lest they be a snare in your midst. No, you must tear down their altars, smash their pillars, and cut down their sacred posts; for you must not worship any other god, because the Lord, whose name is Impassioned, is an impassioned God. You must not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, for they will lust after their gods and sacrifice to their gods and invite you, and you will eat of their sacrifices

Exodus, Chapter 34, verses 11-14

Looks like if you DON'T get rid of others, you are not being a good christian..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Tim McVeigh was a Christian who blew up 168 of his fellow Americans. most of whom were Christians.

McVeigh wasn't representing Christians in the US so you can't legitimately use him as an example of Christian terrorism. Besides, I wasn't even aware he WAS a Christian or any other religious denomination.

The Catholic IRA and Protestant Ulster Orangemen have been killing each other for many decades.
And where is that taking place?

That is Christians slaughtering Christians.
BUZZZZZ! Try again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown

Ummm...that was actually the Jews in the Old Testament - Christianity hadn't been invented yet. Come back to me with a New Testament call for annihilation.

F

FredFlintstone

Smalltime

Originally posted by SmallTown

Mark well what I command you this day. I will drive out before you the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. Beware of making a covenant with the inhabitants of the land against which you are advancing, lest they be a snare in your midst. No, you must tear down their altars, smash their pillars, and cut down their sacred posts; for you must not worship any other god, because the Lord, whose name is Impassioned, is an impassioned God. You must not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, for they will lust after their gods and sacrifice to their gods and invite you, and you will eat of their sacrifices

Exodus, Chapter 34, verses 11-14

vraiblonde will say that that was a commandment to the Hebrews and not Christians and the Christians took the Jews' religion and made it better with Jesus.

Also vraiblonde, how do you know McVeigh wasn't acting on behave of the KKK or white supremacists when he slaughtered Americans?

And where is that taking place?

It is taking place in Northern Ireland. But you question to me was "While you're at it, tell me when was the last time Christians slaughtered another religious group en masse, or even tried to."

I guess you are suggesting that American Christians are somehow better.

And it is still Christians slaughtering Christians unless you believe Catholics or Protestants aren't Christians.

BUZZZZZ! You try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FredFlintstone

Ummm...that was actually the Jews in the Old Testament - Christianity hadn't been invented yet. Come back to me with a New Testament call for annihilation.

Come back with a New Testament quote which states being greedy is a virtue.

Rich men would have a better chance passing through the eye of a needle than to get into the kingdom of heaven.

Was Jesus a conservative or a liberal?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, Fred, we really can't help what those heathens in other countries do. If we could, we'd probably make the Muslims stop with their human rights violations. Instead, wusses that we are, we live and let live.

Also, the KKK and white supremacists do not represent Christianity either. You could make the case that Jerry Fallwell and the rest of those nuts represent Christianity but most Christians consider them a fringe element, more TV characters than real religious leaders. They lose their butts every time they try to run for public office - that should tell you something.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Come back with a New Testament quote which states being greedy is a virtue.

Rich men would have a better chance passing through the eye of a needle than to get into the kingdom of heaven.

Was Jesus a conservative or a liberal?
When did greed become the topic?

I never considered Jesus to be a political entity - he's actually liberal in many ways and conservative in others - which seems more sensible to me than towing some specific ideology to it's extreme.

F

FredFlintstone

Well, Fred, we really can't help what those heathens in other countries do. If we could, we'd probably make the Muslims stop with their human rights violations. Instead, wusses that we are, we live and let live.

Also, the KKK and white supremacists do not represent Christianity either. You could make the case that Jerry Fallwell and the rest of those nuts represent Christianity but most Christians consider them a fringe element, more TV characters than real religious leaders. They lose their butts every time they try to run for public office - that should tell you something.

We should make one of our biggest trading partners (the Red Chinese) stop their human rights violations first.

I don't think Usama bin Laden represents Islam any more than the KKK or Jerry Falwell respresents Christians.

But they all claim to represent God.

F

FredFlintstone

When did greed become the topic?

I never considered Jesus to be a political entity - he's actually liberal in many ways and conservative in others - which seems more sensible to me than towing some specific ideology to it's extreme.

I didn't mean to change the subject but

In what ways was Jesus conservative?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since you want to bash religion, why not go after the Catholics and their child raping? The Pope, who IS a legitimate religious leader, along with his frontmen, DID hush and cover-up crimes. But that doesn't make all Catholics bad - I almost feel sorry for them for finding out that their "leaders" are merely corrupt men after all.