MBMS 8th grade ceremony moved!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
To any MBMS 8th grade parents:
Due to a large contingent of parents expressing concerns over 1 - the limit of two guests and 2- that the 8th graders would not get any certificates or really walk, the advancement ceremony will now be held at the Chopticon High School gym at 915 am. Students will go to MBMS and be bussed to CHS for the ceremony.

Be aware that there are concurrent awards ceremonies scheduled for the CHS auditorium but the 8th grade advancement ceremony is in the gym. Please be prepared to possibly sit in the bleachers and do not wear shoes that will damage the gym floor.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I got the message and think it is silly to move it to Chopticon. They said they moved it due to parents complaining. Are they going to take a poll and ask how many parents were content keeping it at MBMS? They attend MBMS and that is where the ceremony should be.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Nice. I guess the squeaky wheel really does get the grease. They whined enough and got their way. Wonder how much this will cost them?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I got the message and think it is silly to move it to Chopticon. They said they moved it due to parents complaining. Are they going to take a poll and ask how many parents were content keeping it at MBMS? They attend MBMS and that is where the ceremony should be.

:yay:

Not to mention, parents/families now having to rearrange their schedule due to the time change or that now more family members can attend.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Not to mention, parents/families now having to rearrange their schedule due to the time change or that now more family members can attend.

Aside from the obvious logistics issues, it's an 8th grade promotion, not high school or college graduation for crying out loud! Seriously, how huge a milestone is this that that many family members need to attend? It's getting to where they will eventually have "graduation" ceremonies for every grade and the ceremony itself will become meaningless.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Aside from the obvious logistics issues, it's an 8th grade promotion, not high school or college graduation for crying out loud! Seriously, how huge a milestone is this that that many family members need to attend? It's getting to where they will eventually have "graduation" ceremonies for every grade and the ceremony itself will become meaningless.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

Two of the students have advanced cancer so this may be their only "graduation".
I don't see why anyone outside of MBMS 8th grade families gives a hoot about what the class is doing. Agree or disagree to yourself. Just focus on your own kids if you have any.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Two of the students have advanced cancer so this may be their only "graduation".
I don't see why anyone outside of MBMS 8th grade families gives a hoot about what the class is doing. Agree or disagree to yourself. Just focus on your own kids if you have any.

It's a public forum, for public comment, so, if it's none of our business, why post it here where anyone and everyone can comment on it and then say it doesn't concern us?! Your original post was about families complaining that there weren't enough tickets and made no mention of terminally-ill students. I was simply wondering how many graduations and promotion ceremonies does a kid need in their lifetime? :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
It's a public forum, for public comment, so, if it's none of our business, why post it here where anyone and everyone can comment on it and then say it doesn't concern us?! Your original post was about families complaining that there weren't enough tickets and made no mention of terminally-ill students. I was simply wondering how many graduations and promotion ceremonies does a kid need in their lifetime? :shrug:

That was a separate thread and to be honest I did not even know about the terminally ill students at that time. I did have many friends who were upset they'd have to find a sitter for their at home children and several others, such as our case, of elderly/ill grandparents that won't be here in four years for a high school graduation.

This thread I posted as informational just as fsanchez did, for anyone planning to attend that did not get the information.

Incidentally a few parents/students agree with you and aren't even going to be in school the last week, let alone at any ceremony. To each his own.