Calvert Co. - propane tank refills

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Hi All :howdy: Where is the best place, i.e. cheap, to get 20 lb. propane tanks for the grill replaced or refilled?

We usually get ours filled at the Shell station on the corner of Rte 4 and Dares Beach Rd. I haven't compared prices but we've also gotten refills at Guidos Liquor and at the gas station across from the bowling alley in PF.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We usually get ours filled at the Shell station on the corner of Rte 4 and Dares Beach Rd. I haven't compared prices but we've also gotten refills at Guidos Liquor and at the gas station across from the bowling alley in PF.

That's where I go. I don't recall the price, but I do recall it was cheaper than buying the trade-in/refill at Wally's.

Commune

I heard through the local brewing club that propane refills at Suburban just north of Wildewood were super cheap on Thursdays only. I know the Blue Rhino trade ins are about 20 or more so it sounds like it's worth it.

Here's the email I got minus some brewing info heh:

"The summer sale is on again at Suburban Propane on Hollywood. They will refill a 20# grill cylinder on Thursdays for $11.75. That's a great deal if you plan on doing some mass brewing or having a party."

I wanna say 11.75 is probably half of what you'd pay for a trade in but it has been quite a while since I got propane.

(and yes I know that's not Calvert County, but who knows, it might include SP in Prince Fredrick too. Worth a phone call for 9 or 10 bucks off.)

Last edited:

willie

Sneads does it by the gallon instead of a flat rate. I just had a bone dry 20lb bottle filled for $12 and change.

jsouthan

We go to the Sneade's in Owings. They weigh it before and after and only charge you what they filled. Haven't compared prices, but know it's cheaper than the trade-in.

RPMDAD

We go to the Sneade's in Owings. They weigh it before and after and only charge you what they filled. Haven't compared prices, but know it's cheaper than the trade-in.

Thats where i go also and always with a 100% empty tank, and i am pretty sure that the last time i filled up about a month ago it was $12.00.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Sneads does it by the gallon instead of a flat rate. I just had a bone dry 20lb bottle filled for $12 and change.

Not to nitpick, but the gas itself is measured in pounds (or kg), not gallons. :yay:

The gas station on the corner of Dares Beach & Rt. 4 also sells the propane by weight.

meddauna

Not to nitpick, but the gas itself is measured in pounds (or kg), not gallons. :yay:

The gas station on the corner of Dares Beach & Rt. 4 also sells the propane by weight.

i'll nitpick the nitpick, but it depends where you go. many places have a meter on the line that tells you how much has gone into the tank in gallons. also, propane in the tank is liquid, which is why either measure is perfectly accurate. i used to fill propane when i worked at a lawn and garden store years ago, we used gallons from the meter and our scale was rusted and never used.