fricken kids...

Dakota

~~~~~~~
The last several weeks have been incredibly busy for me. I had to take a day off work just to get things done around the house. Anyway, I say to my kid (12), "bring your dirty laundry down stairs and turn on the washer."

Well....

He sets his basket of dirty clothes down next to the washer and pushes start on the washer machine.

I walk by and hear the washer running and see his FULL dirty laundry basket next to the washer. That's when I realized he didn't put his clothes in the washer.

So I ask him why he didn't put his clothes in the washer...

"but mom, you didn't say put my clothes in the washer."

I guess I thought that was understood... So for nearly an hour, my washer has been washing no clothes.

There are days I worry that he might not be a very productive member of society... today is one of those days. :ohwell:

LadyCoyote

The last several weeks have been incredibly busy for me. I had to take a day off work just to get things done around the house. Anyway, I say to my kid (12), "bring your dirty laundry down stairs and turn on the washer."

Well....

He sets his basket of dirty clothes down next to the washer and pushes start on the washer machine.

I walk by and hear the washer running and see his FULL dirty laundry basket next to the washer. That's when I realized he didn't put his clothes in the washer.

I guess I thought that was understood... So for nearly an hour, my washer has been washing no clothes.

There are days I worry that he might not be a very productive member of society... today is one of those days. :ohwell:

Oooh boy, a very "literal" minded youngster, I see. Yes, I know folks just like this. Next time he asks if he can "go somewhere", agree to it. As you both sit in the (unstarted) vehicle, preferably in the dark garage (without the garage door open yet) don't say a word. Let him get a bit flustered...then just tell him that he asked if you guys could "go somewhere" so you WENT to the car. He never said ANYTHING about starting the vehicle or driving somewhere.
Trust me, the next time he brings his clothes down to do laundry, that machine will be full o' clothing.
:dye:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Oooh boy, a very "literal" minded youngster, I see. Yes, I know folks just like this. Next time he asks if he can "go somewhere", agree to it. As you both sit in the (unstarted) vehicle, preferably in the dark garage (without the garage door open yet) don't say a word. Let him get a bit flustered...then just tell him that he asked if you guys could "go somewhere" so you WENT to the car. He never said ANYTHING about starting the vehicle or driving somewhere.
Trust me, the next time he brings his clothes down to do laundry, that machine will be full o' clothing.

thank you thank you...

This is what I'm going to do...

He is always asking "can we go to WAWA?"

I will drive him right past the front door, make a U-turn and head home...

You didn't say you wanted to go inside and get anything.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
thank you thank you...

This is what I'm going to do...

He is always asking "can we go to WAWA?"

I will drive him right past the front door, make a U-turn and head home...

You didn't say you wanted to go inside and get anything.

:roflmao:

:yay:

Wish I had thought of this one a couple of years ago... :roflmao:

belvak

Happy Camper
I truly believe that the reason God makes babies so cute and helpless is so that we won't kill them during their teen years!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I truly believe that the reason God makes babies so cute and helpless is so that we won't kill them during their teen years!

Agree... today is the last day of school for my kids and I'm already looking forward to them returning because I just know I will come home after work and it will look like a bomb went off.

Southern Belle

Well....

You are not alone. I have 3 boys, well 4 if I include my husband. I feel sorry for the ladies that marry my boys. The one thing that helps me is I drink a lot of beer. :buddies:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

Well....

OMG!! I read this and my oldest popped into my head. 2 weeks ago I asked her to please get the sheets off the clothes line. I looked out about an hour later and the pillow cases were still there. When I asked her about it her reply was "mom you said the sheets, not pillow cases. You need to be more specific next time." Grrrrrr.

dontknowwhy

my girlfriend's daughter will pull the most retarded stunts....then blame it on poor parenting....which then causes me to shut down her very existence until the parenting skills improve in her eyes...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
then blame it on poor parenting....

I do that to my Mom. She'll ##### at me for one reason or another - I didn't send a bday card to Aunt Whoever, didn't return her phone call promptly, smoke too much, yadda yadda. I just tell her it's not my fault I wasn't raised very well.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Well....

"If you simply tell them to go take a shower they will just wander around the tub; get out and get into bed." "You have to tell them, go up stairs; take off all your clothes; TURN ON THE WATER; get into the shower; please use soap; rinse yourselves off; dry yourselves off; put on clean pajamas; and get into bed." - Bill Cosby

I guess the same methodology applies to your situation.

pumpkin0824

LMAO.... reminds me of when i was a teenager and was on a youth trip at Ocean city. The Pastor and his wife had just got done talking to each other about how specific you have to be to teenagers when you ask them to do something. Then he asked his 17 year old boy (new driver at that) to drive the passenger van as close to the water as possible. Of course he meant to stay in the parking lot at the inlet but teenagers. He drove it onto the beach and made it about 15 feet before it got stuck. It took hours to finally get the van off the beach, luckily it was when they were re-doing some of the wood on the boardwalk and had piles of wooden planks stacked up in the parking lot. So we had to use them to finally get the thing out of the sand.
:killingme

Well....

frozenrain

hello :howdy:Hope everyone is well.
I am on here less than once every 6 months but you all have the best forums-seriously!!!!!

I used to think teenage behaviour was a myth:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:...until the last 2 months......

could not embed the video but these are keeping me sane at the mo.

YouTube - ‪kevin the teenager washes the car‬‏

Who said beer? sounds good.I am a non-smoker (I am 33) and I seriously thought about lighting up the other day lol.

And this shall pass....deep breaths LOL

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

That is sooo my daughter. With everything.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
"If you simply tell them to go take a shower they will just wander around the tub; get out and get into bed." "You have to tell them, go up stairs; take off all your clothes; TURN ON THE WATER; get into the shower; please use soap; rinse yourselves off; dry yourselves off; put on clean pajamas; and get into bed." - Bill Cosby

I guess the same methodology applies to your situation.

:lol: I love this quote. I cannot believe I've never seen it before.

I am so glad I'm not alone here.... :faint: