digital photos

Elle

Happy Camper!
How do you print them? Do you just use your home printer or do you send them off? I've been taking them to Wal-Mart, I've added it up and I think its actually cheaper to go there than to do it at home after I buy the photo paper and the ink. Anyone else ever compared the prices?

Depends...

So far, I've only wanted to print a few pics at a time. One here, three there. I use my own printer with a high quality photo paper. The pics are framed and are holding up well. (but the oldest ones are less that two years old.)

If I had a bunch, I think I would use a service like WalMart or CVS. Sometimes time is just more valuable than money.

But no, I haven't compared the costs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since I started using Shutterfly, I NEVER print pics anymore. It's so cheap to do, plus I can send copies directly to relatives. They have cool tools that let you take out redeye and crop, too.

Kodak also has a service like this. Plus, with Shutterfly and Kodak, you can have your pics printed on mugs and calendars and all kinds of things.

My MIL takes a disk to the CVS and they turn out great, too. But CVS won't manipulate the photos and they also won't print extra copies and send them to my mother. :ohwell:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by appyday
how would I take that page and get it printed?

I'm not sure about whole page flyers, may need a print shop for that.

Just for like regular photos I can get like 30 pages (4 pictures per sheet = 120 3x5 photos) from one cartridge
$10 for paper
$35 for cartridge (just one if I need a new color and black one after printing that doubles.

But for the same 120 photos at Wal-Mart for 24 cents each and I get 4x6 prints there, the cost would total $28.80

JabbaJawz

Be about it
How do the prints that you get from Wal-Mart turn out? I've never used them.

I rarely print pictures, but have a special picture printer from Kodak that works well. It would be tedious for printing several pictures, but I rarely print them so for the 1 or 2 that I do here and there it's wonderful.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Since I started using Shutterfly, I NEVER print pics anymore. It's so cheap to do, plus I can send copies directly to relatives. They have cool tools that let you take out redeye and crop, too.

Kodak also has a service like this. Plus, with Shutterfly and Kodak, you can have your pics printed on mugs and calendars and all kinds of things.

My MIL takes a disk to the CVS and they turn out great, too. But CVS won't manipulate the photos and they also won't print extra copies and send them to my mother. :ohwell:

Do you have to pay and "joining" fee or something?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by PFgal
How do the prints that you get from Wal-Mart turn out? I've never used them.

I rarely print pictures, but have a special picture printer from Kodak that works well. It would be tedious for printing several pictures, but I rarely print them so for the 1 or 2 that I do here and there it's wonderful.

Prints are great. M has the Kodak printer, it is nice but the papers and ink for that are even more expensive than my regular HP printer that has photo quality.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Prints are great. M has the Kodak printer, it is nice but the papers and ink for that are even more expensive than my regular HP printer that has photo quality.

My HP has the photo quality as well, but doesn't do as well as the actual Kodak printer. I still use it periodically, though.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
We use Wal-Mart for our digital prints. But any place that uses a Fuji machine should do a good job. For our film camera we use Fuji too, because I've never been satisfied with Kodak stuff.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Tonio
For our film camera we use Fuji too, because I've never been satisfied with Kodak stuff.

My first digital camera was a Fuji, really nice, but after 2 years little spots started showing up on all my photos. I have a Kodak LS series now and it's ok, sometimes some the shots are alittle blurry though.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by tys_mommy
My first digital camera was a Fuji, really nice, but after 2 years little spots started showing up on all my photos. I have a Kodak LS series now and it's ok, sometimes some the shots are alittle blurry though.

Our digital is a Kodak, but I was talking about the film itself, not the camera. Sorry for the confusion.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
OK what is the advantage of Shutterfly or Otofo? Walmart is $.24 a print, CVS is $.29, Shutterfly is $.25-$.39, Ofoto is $.29, Snapfish is $.25. Of course with walmart & CVS you can upload & pick up @ store to save on shipping charges.