Okay, here's one for you

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Totally agree but be careful criticizing it's personal shortcomings...

The walls have ears.
PANZER.gif

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What amuses me the most is that they have to make up a Republican that fits their warped ideas - can't find an actual person who says these things.
:roflmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
What's really funny is I work for the Times and haven't met a single Republican quite like this guy who is supposed to be representative of a republican. What a bunch of warped individuals are on this site. I even logged in so I could surf the forums - these people are scary - kinda like they belong with David Koresh or the Hale Bop group scary. How the heck did they wind up on So Md anyway?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by migtig
...kinda like they belong with David Koresh or the Hale Bop group scary.
I'd be glad to buy them all new sneakers if they'd follow 'em! :biggrin:

MGKrebs

endangered species
Originally posted by Kyle
Totally agree but be careful criticizing it's personal shortcomings...

The walls have ears.
PANZER.gif

Don't worry about me. You can say whatever you want. If I don't like it, I can leave.
I'm not even gonna argue with you about it. Yeah, they get carried away over there sometimes, but that doesn't make it totally worthless. From my perspective, up until just the past few weeks, or maybe even days, the mainstream press wasn't challenging a lot of these things like the civil rights issues, the extent of corporate influence on the administration, the voided treaties, et al. So to get any info ya' gotta go to the "underground" or non-mainstream media. And, as we know with the infamous Matt Drudge, a lot of stories start in these places before the mainstream media finally picks it up.

In any case, don't mind me. Fire away.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by MGKrebs

Don't worry about me. You can say whatever you want. If I don't like it, I can leave.
I'm not even gonna argue with you about it. Yeah, they get carried away over there sometimes, but that doesn't make it totally worthless. From my perspective, up until just the past few weeks, or maybe even days, the mainstream press wasn't challenging a lot of these things like the civil rights issues, the extent of corporate influence on the administration, the voided treaties, et al. So to get any info ya' gotta go to the "underground" or non-mainstream media. And, as we know with the infamous Matt Drudge, a lot of stories start in these places before the mainstream media finally picks it up.

In any case, don't mind me. Fire away.

And you are right there. And something that always bothers me is how big things only get little blurbs, ie the American being detained. Yes, my personal feelings aside that we should form a posse and string all the traitors up, this is scary - this is taking away civil liberties which are my rights too. They are x-raying you before you board a flight (okay that's not something ya'll need to see) and more. So I agree that research is necessary to obtain the facts, however what I saw on that particular board was biased and warped. That's just as scary. That is how cults and extremists groups get formed. Yuck. And someone came on here and accused all everyone of seeing black helicopters. What the heck - of course we do - there is like million military and government installations located in the dc/metro area. Kooky.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think Kyle was talking about you, Maynard. You may have come from the DU but you haven't acted like some crazy extremist. You fit right in with our resident lefties on here.

It's not so much that the DU-ers get carried away over there - it's that they got carried away over here.
:shocked:

Plus that, we have better smilies over here :razz: :lmao:

MGKrebs

endangered species
You do have better smiles over here...

:cool:

Yeah, I've written some stuff over there that, although I can stand by it, it was definitely written with that audience in mind...a little inflammatory ya' know? I could write the same stuff with slightly different words for a different, more mainstream audience. In any case, here's a little shot from the left for you regarding Bush's visit with Bill Simon in California. (Simon's company recently having been fined $78 MIL for fraud):

So this is what Bush said yeatersay about Simon:

Bush replied: "Bill Simon assures us that, when the courts look
at this case, he'll be innocent, and I take the man for his word."

(He is referring to an APPEAL, the court has already "looked at this case", and found Guilty.)

He takes the word of his big businessman crook over that of a
jury of citizens. It is so arrogent, so brazen, it almost makes me
sick.

He doesn't withold support until the appeal is heard. He doesn't
refrain fom taking a position until the appeal. He chooses to take
sides NOW, and he takes the side opposite what the jury found!
Am I living in an alternate universe?

Loyalty is more important than justice.
Money is more important than democracy.
Pride is more important than truth.
:burning:

B

Bruzilla

No offense there Mr. Krebs, but I don' t trust the opinions of ANY jury made up of twelve general nitwits, especially California nitwits. :cheesy:

It also bothers me when I hear Liberals pointing at a case and saying "See... they're guilty... the jury said so" because they only do that when a conservative is guilty. They'll appeal the living excrement out of a liberal's case, or the case of some poor, misunderstood, micreant who just shot up a cop. But a white, middle-aged, priviledged, white guy who's running for high office in the liberals' west coast headquarters? Forget it... he's guilty. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

MGKrebs

endangered species
Well, you must admit...

There's a bit of heightened awarenes of CORPORATE FRAUD right now. I mean, they are almost part of the axis of evil. They are certainly "evil doers". Between Dub taking the side of giant corporations over anybody else every chance he gets, and talking about getting the bad guy CEO's out of one side of his mouth and asking for money for them out of the other, it's not too hard to figure out that he doesn't give a sh*t about anybody who can't cough up 10 grand for the cause.

Case in point: the solution to wildfires is more LOGGING?? Give me a break! I'd have an anyeurism if I hadn't already had one.

He is clueless, over his head, and really doesn't care. Mark my words; this is just something for his resume so he can get to be Baseball commish someday (if there is still baseball then, sheesh). At which time he will bust the players union, buy the whole friggin league, name all the parks after himself, and make the players work on oil rigs in the offseason.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Well, you must admit...

Originally posted by MGKrebs
Case in point: the solution to wildfires is more LOGGING?? Give me a break! I'd have an anyeurism if I hadn't already had one.

Okay, what is the solution? Leaving it alone and doing nothing resulted in some pretty serious fires. Wouldn't logging allow for fire breaks, clearing out of the fuel that has built up underneath the trees, and creation of roads to get into the area to fight a fire should the need be.

MGKrebs

endangered species
-If we want to maintain the forests, we can't build developments in them, or right next to them. How do these people even get homeowners insurance?
- Clear the "dead wood" in the edges of the forest, if that will help. (Some are claiming that this clearing actually increases the fires. I don't know.)
- The deal was, get the loggers to clear the underbrush, and then let them harvest the good stuff as payment. The loggers will NOT take a few trees here and there, they will take whole acres of trees. Otherwise, it's not worth it. That would be a "non-forest". Put those welfare people to work clearing that underbrush. We're gonna have a lot of them once the economy really crashes when we can't get any oil anymore.
-If we're going to build developments in or near forests, and then let the loggers in to supposedly minimize the fires, then at least give some more money to NASA so we can get another planet ready when this one is wrecked.

OK, so I'm a little fired up tonite. sue me.:burning:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Alright, you tree hugger! :lmao:

Remember, you heard it here first:

Mother Nature has a way of going on. It's the height of arrogance to think that mere man can destroy something as powerful as nature. This planet will never be "wrecked", the economy won't "really crash" nor will be not able to get oil anymore. I give you the Exxon-Valdez spill as an example.

Quote me on that.

MGKrebs

endangered species
Oh, Mother Nature will go on...

just without US!

I don't care. I don't have kids. I don't even go camping anymore, much.

http://ens.lycos.com/ens/aug99/1999L-08-02-06.html

ST. LOUIS, Missouri, August 2, 1999 (ENS) - Humanity's impact on the earth has increased extinction rates to levels rivaling the five mass extinctions of past geologic history, transformed nearly half of Earth’s land and created 50 dead zones in the world’s oceans, according to research being presented this week at the 16th International Botanical Congress.

Whatever. :crazy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You realize, of course, that the Earth has been evolving for billions of years (or only millions, depending on who you believe). Heck, the atmosphere, animal and plant life were changing drastically before man ever slithered out of the primordial ooze so I don't think you can blame every environmental change on man.

Extinction and evolution are part of life - it would happen with or without my SUV and hairspray.

F

FredFlintstone

vraiblonde

Originally posted by vraiblonde
You realize, of course, that the Earth has been evolving for billions of years (or only millions, depending on who you believe). Heck, the atmosphere, animal and plant life were changing drastically before man ever slithered out of the primordial ooze so I don't think you can blame every environmental change on man.

Extinction and evolution are part of life - it would happen with or without my SUV and hairspray.

If you are a fundamentalist Christian, you might believe the earth (and man) are only thousands of years old--not hundreds of thousands of years or millions of years or billions of years.

Despite what you think, extinction of other species can be caused by man.

Quote of the day:

"Trees cause polution."--President Ronald Reagan

G.R. Quinn

Re: Trees are bad

Originally posted by FredFlintstone

If you are a fundamentalist Christian, you might believe the earth (and man) are only thousands of years old--not hundreds of thousands of years or millions of years or billions of years.

Despite what you think, extinction of other species can be caused by man.

Quote of the day:

"Trees cause polution."--President Ronald Reagan

Mr. Flintstone,

Some Jews and Muslims believe that the earth and man are only thousands of years old.

Trees do cause pollution.

Lagre forest fires (burning trees) dump tons of pollution into the air.

Leaves fall off trees and litter the earth.

Trees die, fall over and lie rotting on the ground.

Trees fall over and kill things.

Trees create CO2 which pollutes the air.

Trees cause shade which kills some species of plants and other trees.

Best,

G.R.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Re: Re: Trees are bad

Originally posted by G.R. Quinn

Trees create CO2 which pollutes the air.

Ummmm, no. The other way around. They 'breathe' CO2 and yield oxygen. It's us humans -- and birds and mammals and fish and reptiles -- that breathe oxygen and give up CO2. One of the reasons I'm massively skeptical of the concern over CO2 specifically being mentioned. We want to stop CO2? Tell China and India to hold their breath!! Tell New Zealand and Australia, stop your cows from burping!

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by Bruzilla
No offense there Mr. Krebs, but I don' t trust the opinions of ANY jury made up of twelve general nitwits, especially California nitwits.

Hey, didn't you hear by now? O.J. was *totally* innocent!