I do not love your child...

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
ugh. That "we don't hit" or "please don't hit mommy" "please stop yelling it is rude" stuff drives me bonkers. I can promise you my mom never said any of that..or even considered it. If I had so much as thought about hitting her my ass wouldda been on fire. Quick. And monster is gonna have to learn the same lesson. I hate bratty children in public and I have no wish to burden other people with my child. I know parents who actually think their children should come first in social situations..complaining about lack of crayons in a restaurant or thinking that other people should have to listen to their brat scream cuz "he/she is just a kid."

case and point. I went to the food auction a couple weeks ago..someone near me had a young child..probably 4 ish who was screaming/crying, opening a hundred diff snacks and leaving them everywhere and had to have mom or dad entertaining her at every second (I dont know if I would bring a kid that young there anyway, there isnt much for them to do and even the most well behaved child is gonna get antsy after 4 hours sitting) and across the aisle, the amish family that comes often has a whole row of children, all impeccably well behaved. So it isn't because they are "kids" it's cause someone needs to make them mind.

thurley42

HY;FR
Wonderful article, unfortunatley the author's point was proven all to well with the first comment.

"A crying child is usually upset because of the noise from the other diners, not from being spoiled and coddled."

Blaming everyone else except themselves or the child.....

Now that I've said that, I'll probably have a 5 year old demon sitting behind me on my flight to Boston this evening....:killingme

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If the writer had used the word "spawn",I'd have sworn that Vrai had written it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"A crying child is usually upset because of the noise from the other diners, not from being spoiled and coddled."

That's probably true, along with the excitement of being outside their norm. However, instead of meaning that other diners need to be patient and understanding, it means Mommy and Dad need to keep Jr. at home until he is old enough to not be upset by an outing.

With some people, this means their whole lifetime.

thurley42

HY;FR
That's probably true, along with the excitement of being outside their norm. However, instead of meaning that other diners need to be patient and understanding, it means Mommy and Dad need to keep Jr. at home until he is old enough to not be upset by an outing.

With some people, this means their whole lifetime.

:buddies:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I like this reply
<CITE>
<CITE>oneStarman</CITE> said:
Here's NEWS for You. YOU are NOT the Most Important. The MOST Vital Resource any SPECIES has is its Offspring. If they are INCONVENIENT to YOU then go FORK Yourself.
Some peoples kids really could be the most important resource - as the demonstration model to the others of what's going to happen if they don't sit down and shut up in public.</CITE>

Toxick

Splat

Such a hurtful article by someone who obviously hates children.

Which I can't understand. At all.
You know what I believe?

I believe that the children are our future.

Treat them well and let them lead the way.
Show them all the beauty they possess - inside.

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier.

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be.

Anyone who wants to take away a kids right to be themselves HATES THE FUTURE.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I believe that the children are our future.

Treat them well and let them lead the way.
Show them all the beauty they possess - inside.

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier.

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be.

Yeah, that Whitney - an inspiration to us all. :yay: