First acceptance letter!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My daughter got her first college acceptance letter - Case-Western! This is like Christmas, waiting for them to come in! :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by huntr1
My condolences on the death of your savings. Congrats on the letter though.:cheers:

:yeahthat: :lol:

Did she get any scholarships? Grants? What all colleges did she apply to?

C'mon give us all the details. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Christy
C'mon give us all the details.
I'm still at work and haven't seen the packet yet - I'll check it out when I get home.

She applied to:
Case-Western
NYU
Tulane
University of NE
University of MD
American University

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
Does she know what field she wants to go into?
She wants to study either theater or architecture, depending on what school she ends up at. But who knows? She could dump them both and decide to study marine biology. :lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I'm still at work and haven't seen the packet yet - I'll check it out when I get home.

She applied to:
Case-Western
NYU
Tulane
University of NE
University of MD
American University
Dang she skipped right over Larry's school - Whatsamatta U. How's he taking that? :lmao:

Congrats

RangerJohn

Theater, archetecture, marine biology....hmmm sounds better than my major at good ol' San Diego State.....surfing at Trestles, Swami's, Sunset Cliffs, and Windansea..... (okay, it was actually a major in Business Management, but surfing sounds more fun, and what the hell....my Dad thinks it is true anyway!)

Ciao

K

Kizzy

Congrats vrai. :clap:

Maybe she could apply to Howard or Bowie University and get a scholarship.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Second letter! UNL wants her and will kick in $9,000 a year for the privilege - over HALF of her tuition/room/board! :clap:

Go Big Red!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is like...

...Christmas.

I know that college and all the money available makes it less of a big deal maybe than in the past but, damn, she is accepted!!!

The letters have both been very pleasant and positive..."You should be proud of yourself...etc...etc..."

We're sure proud of her. Not sure who was more excited to open it, me or her.

On another note, tomorrow, she get's her wheels back....

YIKE!

Honey, we're batting 1.000!!!