Pesticide Container Recycling Program

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
The Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA) is sponsoring its summer collection program for empty plastic pesticide containers from licensed pesticide applicators. The MDA will provide a collection trailer for the Southern Maryland Region at the USDA-BARC Visitors Center located on Powder Mill Road in Prince George’s County, Maryland on July 14, August 18 and September 15, 2011 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.

The recycled containers will be shipped and hauled away to be made into plastic lumber and other recycled products. MDA inspectors will supervise the collection to ensure only triple rinsed, clean pesticide containers are collected. Additional information on the rinsing of empty pesticide containers can be obtained from the following MDA publications: Rinsing and Recycling Empty Pesticide Containers and Pesticide Information Sheet No.7 - Pesticide Container Recycling Program. Additional information from the MDA can be found on the web at Maryland Department of Agriculture or by calling 1-410-841-5710.

dave1959

The Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA) is sponsoring its summer collection program for empty plastic pesticide containers from licensed pesticide applicators. The MDA will provide a collection trailer for the Southern Maryland Region at the USDA-BARC Visitors Center located on Powder Mill Road in Prince George’s County, Maryland on July 14, August 18 and September 15, 2011 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.

The recycled containers will be shipped and hauled away to be made into plastic lumber and other recycled products. MDA inspectors will supervise the collection to ensure only triple rinsed, clean pesticide containers are collected. Additional information on the rinsing of empty pesticide containers can be obtained from the following MDA publications: Rinsing and Recycling Empty Pesticide Containers and Pesticide Information Sheet No.7 - Pesticide Container Recycling Program. Additional information from the MDA can be found on the web at Maryland Department of Agriculture or by calling 1-410-841-5710.

if they are Triple rinsed and clean then just throw them in the trash...

bcp

In My Opinion
I always just put them in my neighbors trash when nobody is looking.
That way, if someone gets in trouble, its not me.