St. John's bus to leonardtown

terbear1225

A friend and I are trying to get a bus to run from St. John's in Hollywood to Leonardtown. we're hoping if there are enough other people interested that we can get a stop at St. Mary's Ryken or somewhere nearby. If you would be interested, please contact the county (becky.george@stmarysmd.com)

dave1959

There is already a route for this:

Route 6:

Monday through Friday evenings 6 am to 9 pm

Saturdays – 6 am to 9 pm

This loop route begins 6:05 am on Saturdays at the Wildewood Shopping Center traveling north on Rt. 235, west on Rt. 245 to Leonardtown pass St. Mary’s Hospital, north on Rt. 5 to Loveville connecting with Charlotte Hall Route at the Third Base convenience store. Then returning south on Rt. 5 to Leonardtown to Rt. 245 to Wildewood Shopping Center in California and then returning to Leonardtown. This route connects with the California/Great Mills and Charlotte Hall route

and

Route 8:

Monday through Fridays only.

The Route 5 Express begins at Lexwoods Drive / Jarboe Building in Great Mills and travels on Great Mills Rd. west to Rt. 5 North passing the Callaway Shopping Center. It travels on Rt. 5 north to Leonardtown then to Cedar Lane Apartments and then to the Governmental Center in Leonardtown and then returns on Rt. 5 south back to Great Mills at Lexwoods Drive / Jarboe Building. This route connects with the Leonardtown Loop, Great Mills Loop, and Leonardtown – Lexington Park routes.

terbear1225

I meant a school bus route (thus in the parenting and children section) guess I should have put that in the title. sorry for the confusion!

dave1959

Why would there be a school bus route from st johns to hollywood ?? They are different school districts.

NewsJunky

A friend and I are trying to get a bus to run from St. John's in Hollywood to Leonardtown. we're hoping if there are enough other people interested that we can get a stop at St. Mary's Ryken or somewhere nearby. If you would be interested, please contact the county (becky.george@stmarysmd.com)

There used to be a bus that ran from St. Johns to FAW to Ryken when my kids were in school. The order was reversed in the afternoon. Worked great for all the kids that lived in the Town Creek/Wildewood/Hollywood area. I'm surprised that bus route isn't still available..... :howdy:

terbear1225

that route is still available. what we're looking for is something that will bring the kids from SJS to leonardtown in the afternoons. we have 6 kids now that could use this route, hoping if there are a few more families out there that could use it we can get a bus to run.