Xbox addict 'dies from blood clot'

E

EmptyTimCup

:yikes:

Xbox addict 'dies from blood clot'

The family of a budding computer programmer have on Saturday launched a campaign to raise awareness about the health risks of playing online computer games after their son died following a marathon session on his Xbox.

A post-mortem revealed that 20-year-old Chris Staniforth -- who was offered a place to study Game Design at Leicester University -- was killed by a pulmonary embolism, which can occur if someone sits in the same position for several hours.

Deep vein thrombosis normally affects passengers on long-haul flights, but medical experts fear youngsters who spend hours glued to their consoles might also be at risk and have urged them to take regular breaks.

Professor Brian Colvin -- an expert on blood-related conditions -- said it was "unhealthy" for youngsters to spend long periods in front of their consoles.

"There's anxiety about obesity and children not doing anything other than looking at computer screens," he told The Sun.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Gilligan is just sore 'cause I pointed out his personal hygiene deficiencies and the fact that he hasn't been able to correct his pesky halitosis problem. :whistle:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Gilligan is just sore 'cause I pointed out his personal hygiene deficiencies and the fact that he hasn't been able to correct his pesky halitosis problem. :whistle:

oh really now? I bet he has a nicer butt than YOU DO, so there :razz: