HOLY Bat Stuff!

K

Kain99

:biggrin:ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- Fighting fire with fire, public health officials are using e-mail to try to stop the spread of sexually transmitted diseases among people who meet through Internet chat rooms and Web sites.

In a pilot program in Los Angeles County, health officials use e-mail and the Internet to notify the sex partners of people who had been diagnosed with STDS.

San Francisco's Health Department is believed to be the only other agency to use e-mail in this way, said Dr. Pragna Patel of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which released a case study Thursday on the Los Angeles County project.

"Using e-mail has been a helpful and good alternative when you have otherwise anonymous sex partners," Patel said. "More and more the Internet is serving as a place to meet sex partners and engage in risky behavior."

Awesome! HA! :killingme

K

Kizzy

**ahem** I think my mall story is better.

:gossip: (that is pretty funny)

K

Kain99

I think this is the best darn thing since sliced bread! Suprised that the rest of you guys didn't care... Or maybe not. :biggrin:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Kain99
In a pilot program in Los Angeles County, health officials use e-mail and the Internet to notify the sex partners of people who had been diagnosed with STDS.

How do they know who the partners are? Is there a question on the forms you fill out right under name that asks for screen name as well???? And what ever happened to patient confidentiality?