Shoes

Pete

Repete
When exactly did shoes become the new status symbol and why is it that a pair of kids sneakers cost surpassed that of hand made Italian footwear and why is it that the process for selecting said footwear now rivals the process we used to have for buying a car?

BTW the 2011 fad in footwear for the hip kid is called Griffey's and they start at $139.

Sherlock

Casserhole!
When exactly did shoes become the new status symbol and why is it that a pair of kids sneakers cost surpassed that of hand made Italian footwear and why is it that the process for selecting said footwear now rivals the process we used to have for buying a car?

BTW the 2011 fad in footwear for the hip kid is called Griffey's and they start at $139.

In 1985 when the first pair of Jordans came out.

SoMDGirl42

The price of having a boy.

For little girls the fad is Sketchers that light up. Starting at only 60 bucks :killingme

Pete

Repete
I think the shoe companies purposely make their 3 or 4 top shoes ($125 and up) pretty nice and the rest ($125 and down) look retarded so parents have trouble standing there and saying "NO! Put the Griffey's back and find that jacked up looking $49 pair in a 10 1/2. :burning:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I remember begging, pleading, crying..doing extra chores..for an extremely ugly, totally uncomfortable, 60 dollar pair of CLOGS.

I think about 1960 when you had to have black low top Converse. I think they were $8 or $12, something ridiculous like that.

Vince

I think about 1960 when you had to have black low top Converse. I think they were $8 or $12, something ridiculous like that.
Never got those. Parents couldn't afford to keep three boys in Converse sneakers......and we didn't really give a crap anyway. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Never got those. Parents couldn't afford to keep three boys in Converse sneakers......and we didn't really give a crap anyway. :shrug:

You just wrapped your feet in pieces of bark you peeled off tree trunks and secured in place with vines?

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
The price of having a boy.

For little girls the fad is Sketchers that light up. Starting at only 60 bucks :killingme

Great, I guess I can look forward to my little man being a pita to get those expensive sneakers. Silly me, I thought boys were supposed to be less expensive than girls. Well, at least he's only 2 now so I still have some time! :yahoo:

SoMDGirl42

Great, I guess I can look forward to my little man being a pita to get those expensive sneakers. Silly me, I thought boys were supposed to be less expensive than girls. Well, at least he's only 2 now so I still have some time! :yahoo:

No worries. The girls make up for it when they hit puberty and the clothes become 6 times more expensive along with the hair, make-up and nails and all the formal dresses. No way can a girl wear the same dress twice. :killingme

In the long run, boys are cheaper.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
No worries. The girls make up for it when they hit puberty and the clothes become 6 times more expensive along with the hair, make-up and nails and all the formal dresses. No way can a girl wear the same dress twice. :killingme

:yahoo: for boys! And you know what else I just thought of? Boys probably don't have nearly as many shoes as girls do either. At least that's the way it's always been, and still is, for my brother and I. Yes, he wanted his ridiculously expensive one pair of sneakers but I wanted 12 million different pairs of shoes. :diva:

puggymom

It doesn't get better than?

I just bought my 4 year old son son a $55 pair of Commander Cody (Star Wars) shoes for school. :ohwell:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

:jet:.. now that you are back to buying for 3 of them... oh.. add one more to that list!! :killingme :coffee:

nobody really

I need a nap

Be grateful you have a boy and not a teenage daughter. At least your son doesn't insist on $200 hair colorings/sephora shopping sprees etc etc etc.

Just shut up and buy the shoes, you will anyways.:buddies:

lovinmaryland

Are my boys the only ones who completely thrash their shoes? JFC I buy them new shoes and within a 2 months they start to come apart or have holes in the soles. These arent cheap shoes either, these are the $100+ skate shoes :cds: