What is it about having a baby...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...that turns previously rational, sane women into raving lunatic control freaks for whom every little thing is a cause for anger and ranting?

:jerry:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I wasn't. The only thing I had trouble with was remembering when I last fed her. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My daughter had a breakdown when Riggs was a couple days old because I folded her towels. :lol:

That and the discussion about rocking him to sleep are pretty much it. The other times I wanted to punch her in the throat didn't have anything to do with the baby.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
...that turns previously rational, sane women into raving lunatic control freaks for whom every little thing is a cause for anger and ranting?

No ranting here. When girl was younger she walked outside barefoot, put dirt and sand in her mouth, I never sterilized her bottles, she ate junk food (including McDonalds), she heard me cuss (and still does), and the list goes on.

AND, my mom would change her diapers, feed her, and rock her to sleep and I never #####ed about it!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I was pretty ridiculous when I was pregnant but that's excusable because pregnancy sucks. After I got home and had a smoke and a drink I was all good! :killingme

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I was pretty ridiculous when I was pregnant but that's excusable because pregnancy sucks. After I got home and had a smoke and a drink I was all good! :killingme

When I was pregnant, having a glass of wine or a little bit of beer calmed my morning (everyday) sickness during the first trimester. :yay:

SoMDGirl42

No ranting here. When girl was younger she walked outside barefoot, put dirt and sand in her mouth, I never sterilized her bottles, she ate junk food (including McDonalds), she heard me cuss (and still does), and the list goes on.

AND, my mom would change her diapers, feed her, and rock her to sleep and I never #####ed about it!

but did your MIL wash and fold your unmeantionables?

punjabigyrl

Hormones is one and the other thing is they don't need to be told what to do or what needs done. I have that experience with my sister. She thinks she had all the neices and nephews around her made a pro-momma. When she finally asked, I made sure she was ready for an answer and NOT all babies are the same.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

Hormones, lack of sleep and for some women......relatives trying to tell them how to raise their baby. I can't tell you how many of my friends became control freaks because their family members try to tell them how to be a mother. It's usually a MIL and there's a power struggle at that point which causes major drama and overreactions on both parts. :jerry:

I didn't rant much when little man was born but my Mom is easy going and my MIL had 5 grandkids already so she had learned about overstepping boundries from my 2 SIL's. :lol: