Drop in Daycare/Occasional Daytime Sitter

MarieB

I am looking for a drop in daycare or a sitter who can work an occasional few hours here and there during the day. Anyone know of any drop in mother's day out programs or something similar?

I'm in California

tc_girl

I am looking for a drop in daycare or a sitter who can work an occasional few hours here and there during the day. Anyone know of any drop in mother's day out programs or something similar?

I'm in California

I sent you a PM

puggymom

I'm in California

I thought I read in the Park and Rec book that came home with my daughter that they had a drop in program. I threw the book away so I cannot confirm that or the details though.

MarieB

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I am fairly new to the area, and any contacts that I had are either in high school or off to college.

pelers

If you have base access they do offer drop-in care at their daycare center. You're allowed up to 20-some hours per week, space permitting (and they appreciate it if you call in advance to schedule). Reasonable hourly rates. Sorry I can't recall the numbers off the top of my head but if you call them or stop by they can give you the full run down.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

You need drop in daycare for a 40 year old?

Since I am currently unemployed, I was going to offer to watch your kid(s) if they're house broken and pick up a little cash but 40 and 2 sounds like two sets of diapers.

MarieB

You need drop in daycare for a 40 year old?

Since I am currently unemployed, I was going to offer to watch your kid(s) if they're house broken and pick up a little cash but 40 and 2 sounds like two sets of diapers.

I was just joking. :)

A 5 year old (who is in kinder, so I rarely need it for him) and an almost 2 year old (of course who is not yet "house trained" )

Sorry that you're out of work.

MarieB

If you have base access they do offer drop-in care at their daycare center. You're allowed up to 20-some hours per week, space permitting (and they appreciate it if you call in advance to schedule). Reasonable hourly rates. Sorry I can't recall the numbers off the top of my head but if you call them or stop by they can give you the full run down.

Do you have any idea if it's limited to strictly military families or is it open to contractors too?

Thanks for the info.

pelers

Do you have any idea if it's limited to strictly military families or is it open to contractors too?

Thanks for the info.

Should be open to military, civil service and contractors. Full-time daycare with them is, at least, so I don't see why the drop-in wouldn't be.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
How the HELL can they accomodate drop ins..but I have been on the waiting list since the moment I found out I was pregnant :confused:

Our friends waited a year for a spot to open up there but said it was well worth the wait. Hopefully you get your little one in there soon.