What bugs you?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Since most of us are at work today, what I want to know is what are your work pet peeves? What really gets on your nerves at work?

I will go first. I hate it when someone walks in your office while you are on the phone and just stands there. I hate it when someone prints a large job to the printer, then doesn't refill it. I also hate gossip at work. I am not there to make friends and I do not need to hear about a co-workers love life and problems.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Work pet peeves:
- people barging into my cube while I'm furiously typing away then ask "are you busy?"
- ringers on phone that are LOUD
- people who discuss their private lives very loudly and in great detail, either with other people or on the phone
- farters and burpers

I could go on and on...

K

Kizzy

when someone walks in your office while you are on the phone and just stands there. I hate it when someone prints a large job to the printer, then doesn't refill it. I also hate gossip at work.

Well you described my boss. I also hate tattle tails. She is one of those people who look for the slightest fault in the people in the office and runs to the head person in charge. VERY IRRITATING. I get sick of people saying well she is just insecure. HELLO! Aren’t we all to some degree, so lets get a job and make everyone miserable? Which takes me to another issue; I hate miserable people!

Sometimes I look around my office and think I am the only one sane here! Give it time they are driving me :crazy:
:twitch:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Oh I LOVE office gossip! I know I can't be the only one!

My biggest pet peeve is when someone comes up and starts talking and won't stop talking when they see clearly that you are extremely busy.

B

Bruzilla

People who burn microwave popcorn down in the break room.

Cracka

Hmmmmmm,.....I wonder how many words can be typed in this reply block.

1.People who act like THEIR money pays for our paychecks.

2.Tattletales

3.People who start work way before start time.

4.People who purposely try to talk to me in the morning and bug me when they know I'm NOT a morning person.

5.When you get back from vacation and first thing in the morning someone asks,"so,how was your vacation?"(Yes,my vacation is over,THANKS for reminding me!!).

6.Everyone seems to like saying,"good morning(which it's not,HELLO,not a morning person,remember!!??,..see #4),but never say,"good afternoon".

7.Peeps who interrupt your conversation on a regular basis.

8.Peeps who act like regulators when they aren't(this one may or may not be used in conjunction with #2).

9.New stupid rules being made almost every day.

10.Peeps who seem to cross your path when you start walking no matter how many direction changes you perform(an example may be see on the movie The Trueman Show).

And the list goes on and on but I am tired and must stop,*sigh*

Last edited:
S

*sunkist girl*

Ok , for starters
You work your tail off and your "supervisor" who makes three times as much as you do comes in and takes the credit for the work you have done.

The girls who always wears skin tight clothes, skirts that really look like tops, and then complains about all the attention the men are giving her and who also wears so much perfume it gags you minutes after she passes.

People who thnk the fridge is a community share all, and eats whatever they want out of it regardless if it is theirs or not. The people who put leftovers in the fridge and leave them to one day crawl out on their own.:barf:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Wasnt this a thread in another place? Either way, one thing that tripped me out today was...well hold on
Where I work, we build modular homes. And well a new plan from the factory came in the mail today, and they had it completly un-proportioned. It looked ridiculous. It was pathetic

Well what really twisted it all, was the fact that when one of the sales guys came out to look at it. (who thinks he is this high priority..but will be fired) he was using all these big words like " look at the counteracting logistics of it..and blah blah blah"

Plain and simple I hate it when people act like they know it all, and they sugar coat it with words that they are pulling outta their behind.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by *sunkist girl*

The girls who always wears skin tight clothes, skirts that really look like tops,

Really? Where do you work?

and who also wears so much perfume it gags you minutes after she passes.

That DOES get me - we have one woman here, I can tell when she arrives on the FLOOR -- and *after* she has been in a room, it is STILL unbreathable for several minutes. I have this gut feeling she uses perfume as a substitute for a shower.

I guess I don't have too many - people who won't stop chatting with me -- but -- I *do* want to make friends at work, I just want to balance it with working -- let's see -- cell phones, people who visit your office mates and talk VERY LOUDLY -- attitudes, cliques, that kind of thing. People who interrupt whatever you were discussing with someone else -- boss, staff, whomever.
Most of the other stuff, I take as part of the frustration of work.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by Bruzilla
People who burn microwave popcorn down in the break room.

I can deal with burnt popcorn, its the folks that nuke leftover fish that get me crazy..

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
AMEN!

Originally posted by otter

I can deal with burnt popcorn, its the folks that nuke leftover fish that get me crazy..

All fish meals should be BANNED from offices. Man, that stuff lingers for DAYS. :barf:

S

*sunkist girl*

Originally posted by Frank

Really? Where do you work?

I work for a government contractor in the Mantech building on 235 but trust me, the face is enough to stop a clock!!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I have a new one!

This just happened. I walked into the ladies bathroom and it stinks to high heaven. I go into a stall and there are lots of skid marks still in the toilet bowl and a can of air freshener sitting less than 6 inches from the toilet.

HEELLLLOOO! How hard is it to check to make sure it all got flushed and to spritz a little freshener in the air? :burning:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: I have a new one!

Originally posted by BchBns
another one re: the bathrooms that irritates me is some people who choose to not sit on the seat when they go #1, and as a result of the female inability to aim, they splatter the seat ... and, of course, do not clean up after themselves :barf: I always have to do a seat check before I conduct my "official business." :rolleyes:
AGREED! I posted that in the last thread about pet peeves. Can't stand seat-pissers!
:burning:

My other one is when someone comes to my desk while I am eating my hot lunch and expect me to put it down and do something for them, right then, just because they "made a special trip over"! Or they sit down and talk about nothing waiting for me to finish! :mad:

Cracka

Originally posted by BchBns

GOOD AFTERNOON CRACKA! :wink:

boy, you sure like the folks you work with, huh :really: you musta got the raw end of the deal when you guys were reorganized, huh? :ohwell:
\

Haha,well,some of it is to do with what you said,but some of my pet peeves from work have been in that building since the Navy days,and no it's not any of you that may be reading this.:razz2:

Cracka

Oh,...I just figured out you told me good afternoon Bchbns,so,..GOOD AFTERNOON!! It's Friday,WAHOO!!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I only have two right now, sure I'll think of more:
1) People who expect you to make them coffee in the morning. I have a coffee pot, but I don't always make coffee. If people come over whining about it, I say "why don't you make it" -nope just more kvitching. The solution is simple, go get your own coffee pot and make your own coffee or buy it on your way to work. I am not your waitress.
2) When the boss buys you a "great" new computer, that happens to be a pc, when you had a mac. Explain the sense in that one. All the data is lost that was on the mac. Mac's can read pc zip files, but pc's can't read mac. And of course nobody wants to spend $40 on conversion software. So the main problem is lack of communication - "I am the boss I have made up my mind on such a great idea" - when actually it is the stupidest. So I am on "strike". Question - Where is this information? Answer - On the Mac.