Traficant - Democrat?

James D

Traficant (Congressman who was convicted of taking bribes and kickbacks was a democrat.  Why won't the press say it.  In the Washington Times the story is buried on page 4 and you have to get to the second paragraph to find out what party he is in.  CNN did not lead with the story, and they never mentioned his party this morning.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Media bias - imagine that.  No, James, it's not your imagination that when a Republican gets in trouble, his party affiliation is THE lead story.  But when it's a Democrat, suddenly party affiliation isn't so important any more.  What surprises me is that the Times buried it - usually they call EVERYONE by their full title - "Republican Senator So-and-So", "Senator So-and-So, (D-MD)".

jimmy

Drunkard
Well not that it'll do much to dissuade you, but the story is on the main page of the Washington Post today...and you don't have to look that far to see it say DEMOCRAT (second Paragraph). See? Just go there.....ah....crap...well they've moved it. It's now under "other headlines"...oh well. Forget I said anything.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, that ol' boy was front and center on Drudge last night.  Couldn't have missed him if you tried.  Here's what I was outraged about:  that they're not going to kick him out of the House.  My husband says, "So what?  There are lots of those guys that are convicted of one crime or another - drunk driving, tax evasion, you name it."  Then he reminded me about Marion Barry.

I'm too much of a moralist to deal with that stuff.  I guess it's just no big deal if our elected officials are convicted criminals.  I won't even bother to bring up Clinton's name...

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Thanks, Blonde, for not mentioning you-know-who.  Working in an all-democrat office is painful enough!

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
What the Demo's. do wrong won't show up in the paper or on tv, ecspecialy CNN because they are all demo's. If you want to hear about it go to FOX News.  They are Fair and Balance.  Basiclly there republicans.  But they give both sides of the story.  And no I can't spell!!  HEHE

What the Demo's. do wrong won't show up in the paper or on tv, ecspecialy CNN because they are all demo's. If you want to hear about it go to FOX News.  They are Fair and Balance.  Basiclly there republicans.  But they give both sides of the story.  And no I can't spell!!  HEHE

So which one is it Missi? Fox News is fair and balanced because the give both sides of the story or because they are Repubs?

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
There both, unlike CNN or MSNBC who are all demo's.  There goal is to slam rep's and make dem's look good.  Fox news is very balanced  If a Rep. needs to be slamed then they slam him.  If they need praise, then they praise them, like like the others, who never praise Rep's for the good things they do!!!  And they do the same for the Demo's.  It's nice to hear a news org. give praise to Rep's, instead of slaming them all the time!!