Some people...

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
He sounds extemely intelligent and also sounds like he's a very good candidate to 'bread' pitbulls. :rolleyes:

Bonehead

Yeah breaded and deep fried that is about the only real use for that highly in bred and schizophrenic breed.:rolleyes:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by Bonehead
Yeah breaded and deep fried that is about the only real use for that highly in bred and schizophrenic breed.:rolleyes:
Don't start that in this thread. There's one all about pits somewhere around here. Go find it.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by appyday
Wow....I can not even go there...but Ehes seriously IF she knew what she was doing and WANTED a breeder and it was PET quality she should spay/neuter and place it and not breed it..so it is a reason to let him go.....................BUT I think she has NO CLUE..to life no less breeding a pure bread (for you Cat) animal.
Yeah, Josh sounds like a very stupid "she". :killingme

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Rather directive this morning are we not ?:whip: :neener:
I've seen the sh*t storm that comments like that start and that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about dumbasses that shouldn't be breeding dogs, selling them to an idiot, and then said idiot getting rid of them because their hair is too long. He should have seen that when he went to get the damn thing, it's only 9 weeks old.

Bonehead

Calm yourself. You have to admit you never hear about a lab going berserk and killing someone now do you ?:banghead:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Calm yourself. You have to admit you never hear about a lab going berserk and killing someone now do you ?:banghead:
Don't start that in this thread. There's one all about pits somewhere around here. Go find it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

Ok smarty pants.... Some statistics for you....
Breed Name Tested Passed Failed %
American Pit Bull Terrier 405 337 68 83.2%
Beagle 54 42 12 77.8%
Cocker Spaniel 211 172 39 81.5%
Collie 722 569 153 78.8%
Dachshund (Miniature Longhaired) 16 14 2 87.5%
Dachshund (Miniature Smooth) 23 18 5 78.3%
Dachshund (Miniature Wirehaired) 16 12 4 75.0%
Dachshund (Standard Longhaired) 31 22 9 71.0%
Dachshund (Standard Smooth) 42 28 14 66.7%
Dachshund (Standard Wirehaired) 23 19 4 82.6%
Dalmatian 297 242 55 81.5%
German Shepherd Dog 2577 2122 455 82.3%
Golden Retriever 612 505 107 82.5%
Labrador Retriever 597 541 56 90.6%
Rottweiler 4311 3539 772 82.1%
Shetland Sheepdog 426 282 144 66.2%

Just some of the more popular dogs on the list. you can see the entire thing here .

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Pixie, thanks for that link. Using Excel, I found that the dogs that did the worst (only among breeds where they tested 50 or more) were:

Standard Schnauzer 64.70%
Basenji 66.20%
Shetland Sheepdog 66.20%
Bulldog 68.10%
Saluki 68.30%
Chow Chow 68.70%
Chinese Shar-Pei 69.00%

The dogs that did the best (50 or more tested) were:

Schipperke 90.30%
Irish Wolfhound 90.40%
Labrador Retriever 90.60%
Flat-Coated Retriever 91.10%
Brittany Spaniel 91.10%
English Cocker Spaniel 93.00%

I wish they had tested more doxies and chihuahuas, because those breeds have a reputation as psychos.

Dachshund (Miniature Smooth) 23 tested 78.30%
Dachshund (Standard Wirehaired) 23 tested 82.60%
Lhasa Apso 24 tested 70.80%
Bichon Frise 26 tested 76.90%
Chihuahua 28 tested 71.40%

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'd say the first website, the ATTT site, isn't really accurate. It is for the dogs they actually tested but isn't that a voluntary test? One that the owners take the dogs to. So you really wouldn't take a dog there if you didn't think it would pass, right? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "anti" any specific breed but I stand by my opinion that the "dangerous" dogs come from inexperienced/irresponsible breeders and/or owners. It just so happens that when you get a nasty pitbull or that type of breed, where the jaw power is so strong, they're going to do more damage than the little doxie or cocker spaniel.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by cattitude
I'd say the first website, the ATTT site, isn't really accurate. It is for the dogs they actually tested but isn't that a voluntary test? One that the owners take the dogs to. So you really wouldn't take a dog there if you didn't think it would pass, right? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "anti" any specific breed but I stand by my opinion that the "dangerous" dogs come from inexperienced/irresponsible breeders and/or owners. It just so happens that when you get a nasty pitbull or that type of breed, where the jaw power is so strong, they're going to do more damage than the little doxie or cocker spaniel.

You have a point. Some breeds may be more irritable, but that's not the same as being more prone to attacking people. It comes down to training and handling.