Where to buy shoes for cute little feet?

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Well, it's about time to lose the shorts & sandals and start dressing for fall/winter. :ohwell:

Wondering where everyone buys cute shoes for their kids? Been starting to look around for casual shoes & sneakers for my little man and haven't been thrilled with the selection. I knew I should've stocked up on his brown shoes that I loved from last year. Googled and found a nice pair......for $93! Seriously? $93 for size 7 toddler shoes? :faint:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well, it's about time to lose the shorts & sandals and start dressing for fall/winter. :ohwell:

Wondering where everyone buys cute shoes for their kids? Been starting to look around for casual shoes & sneakers for my little man and haven't been thrilled with the selection. I knew I should've stocked up on his brown shoes that I loved from last year. Googled and found a nice pair......for $93! Seriously? $93 for size 7 toddler shoes? :faint:

If you have the budget for it - sure! Otherwise, the kids grow so fast, why spend a fortune on shoes?

We have crap for selection over here in Calvert Co, but you could check out JC Penneys, Target, Walmart, Kmart and other places online for shoes.

Cowgirl

For toddler shoes I'd check out thrift/consignment stores, consignment sales (like Leprechaun Lilly's), Ebay, etc.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
If you have the budget for it - sure! Otherwise, the kids grow so fast, why spend a fortune on shoes?

We have crap for selection over here in Calvert Co, but you could check out JC Penneys, Target, Walmart, Kmart and other places online for shoes.

That's my feeling too.....I'd never consider spending that kinda money on a pair of shoes for a 2.5 year old who'll outgrow them within a few months. Crazy!

Last year I got lucky and found the cutest Buster Brown shoes in Famous Footwear but this year I don't see anything I like anywhere. I didn't get to Target yet but I did check out their online selection and saw a few pairs I liked. Hey, at least at his age he could care less what he wears. I'll enjoy that while it lasts. :lmao:

For toddler shoes I'd check out thrift/consignment stores, consignment sales (like Leprechaun Lilly's), Ebay, etc.

Good idea, thanks!

LadyCoyote

For what it's worth, I saw the cutest little pair of boots on a toddler the other day while I was waiting in line at the check-out stand. I commented to the mother on how adorable they looked on her son, and she told me she actually bought them at Walmart! I had no idea they had something that adorable there. They looked precious.

KWAK

I found a pair of Timberland boots at a thrift store for $14.99 (plus 25% off!). Looking at the soles, they had never been worn!!!

Later, I found a second pair - with very slightly worn soles - for $3.50!!

Love the thrift stores! Sooooo many brand names with price tags still on them!!!!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
For what it's worth, I saw the cutest little pair of boots on a toddler the other day while I was waiting in line at the check-out stand. I commented to the mother on how adorable they looked on her son, and she told me she actually bought them at Walmart! I had no idea they had something that adorable there. They looked precious.

Thanks for the info. I've actually bought nice sandals for him there, adorable and comfy.

I found a pair of Timberland boots at a thrift store for $14.99 (plus 25% off!). Looking at the soles, they had never been worn!!!

Later, I found a second pair - with very slightly worn soles - for $3.50!!

Love the thrift stores! Sooooo many brand names with price tags still on them!!!!

:howdy: stranger!

What thrift stores do you go to? Have you checked out the one near the green turtle yet? I wound up going to JCP last week (thanks Bann!) and found brown casual shoes and nice sneakers for a decent price on sale. Then I had a pair of sneakers to exchange at Famous Footwear and they had adorable DC sneakers so I picked them up.

KWAK

What thrift stores do you go to? Have you checked out the one near the green turtle yet? I wound up going to JCP last week (thanks Bann!) and found brown casual shoes and nice sneakers for a decent price on sale. Then I had a pair of sneakers to exchange at Famous Footwear and they had adorable DC sneakers so I picked them up.

I'm not telling! We have kids the same size and you will wipe out all the good stuff! LOL Just kidding - the aboslute best one around here is by Andrews Air Force base - though I know how to get there, but not the exact name of it! I don't have a whole lot of luck at the ones around here - but that one is huge -loads and loads of stuff! Mondays & Thursdays they do 25% off - we should make a playdate of it soon - yes??? Even if you're not a thrift store shopper - you will LOVE this store!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I'm not telling! We have kids the same size and you will wipe out all the good stuff! LOL Just kidding - the aboslute best one around here is by Andrews Air Force base - though I know how to get there, but not the exact name of it! I don't have a whole lot of luck at the ones around here - but that one is huge -loads and loads of stuff! Mondays & Thursdays they do 25% off - we should make a playdate of it soon - yes??? Even if you're not a thrift store shopper - you will LOVE this store!

Lol, what size are your boys wearing now? They've got to be bigger than my little man! "C" is finally wearing 2T shirts and mostly 24 month pants still, size 7 shoes.

Yes, let's do it. We haven't seen you guys forever. Mondays work, Thursdays don't. I was planning to get in touch with you to see if you're going to AMG again this year for trick or treating? I think I'm gonna bring him.......but then I think of the madhouse it was last year. :cds: :lol:

KWAK

Lol, what size are your boys wearing now? They've got to be bigger than my little man! "C" is finally wearing 2T shirts and mostly 24 month pants still, size 7 shoes.

Yes, let's do it. We haven't seen you guys forever. Mondays work, Thursdays don't. I was planning to get in touch with you to see if you're going to AMG again this year for trick or treating? I think I'm gonna bring him.......but then I think of the madhouse it was last year. :cds: :lol:

Not so much - mine are both in 2T pants - but I'm going to start getting 3T shirts cuz I think they're looking a little short! We are both in size 8 shoes. Thursdays aren't my greatest either cuz B has dance at 4:45 now. So pick me a Monday (this next one isn't good but any other is!). I got the boys snowsuits last year for $7! One had price tags still! You will love this place!

And I am thinking I will do AMG again! You can't beat it for the price! :) The line was bad to get in - but once we were in it wasn't so bad. Plus, I'd love to see you guys again!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Not so much - mine are both in 2T pants - but I'm going to start getting 3T shirts cuz I think they're looking a little short! We are both in size 8 shoes. Thursdays aren't my greatest either cuz B has dance at 4:45 now. So pick me a Monday (this next one isn't good but any other is!). I got the boys snowsuits last year for $7! One had price tags still! You will love this place!

And I am thinking I will do AMG again! You can't beat it for the price! :) The line was bad to get in - but once we were in it wasn't so bad. Plus, I'd love to see you guys again!

Sounds good, never been there. We'll make plans to go sometime in the next few weeks. As for AMG, let's do it. You're right, once inside it was a lot of fun. Maybe we'll go earlier this year and try to beat some of the crowd?

You might want to look at shoebuy.com. They have nice stuff for all sizes and some pretty good discounts.

I'll check them out, thanks so much!