Car Rentals

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
What's a good local place. I know of Enterprise. I got my rental from "Total Rental" in Waldorf and it sucks. The car is filthy (it smelled like something had died in it) and it runs like crap and it wasn't all that much cheaper then Enterprise. Plus they're advertised price isn't going to be what I paid for it. A $25 cleaning fee (it wasn't clean when I got it so we know that's b/s) and an 8% surcharge. :rolleyes: If I can't find anything else I'm going to go with Enterprise but they're kinda pricey for what you get. So if anyone knows of any other places it would be appreciated.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I've always used Enterprise b/c that's who my insurance company has a deal with. Last time, though, I got a POS Echo that I was embarassed to drive. :lmao: Then again, I was too cheap to pay extra for an upgrade - I just took whatever car my insurance would fully cover the cost of.

At any rate, they've always offered great service and I've been pleased.

dustin

UAIOE
There's a rental place on base. I think Enterprise. Just past the Gym on the right hand side. They're pretty good.

We also use Avis outside the base. Between Gate 1 and 2 on 235 South on the right hand side. Caddycornered behind the "Tacklebox".

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Pix,

I've always had the same problem you're having now, but with Enterprise. They'd give me filthy hunks of metal that could barely make it up a hill. I've always had good experiences with Avis, so try there.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by PFgal
I've always used Enterprise b/c that's who my insurance company has a deal with.

At any rate, they've always offered great service and I've been pleased.
:yeahthat:

alex

I like both the AVIS outside the base and the HERTZ across from San Souci. If you belong to AAA you can be a HERTZ Gold member as no cost. This gives you some discounts but a Gold Member automatically gets a free upgrade. Thus you can rent a compact car and get the next size up at no cost. I have had good luck with both. Some people also rent from Aldridge Ford in the Park with good luck. The only downside to AVIS is that each location is independently owned so if you need to return the car to a location other than where your rental states they might charge you a "return fee". HERTZ doesn't have this issue.

lucaswebco

I use Enterprise all the time and I had really good service from them. Plus you can book the car online and they'll have it ready for you. You can't beat it.

B

baswm

You can go to bayside chevrolet in PF and check out how much toyota rentals go for? I think I paid 30 bucks to rent a camery one time.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I've always used Enterprise also (in Waldorf, the one by Bob Evans and across from Ken Dixon) ... but you might also check out Desert Toyota ... they have a car rental section inside the dealership. I'd call NOW though b/c they might rent them out.

Check out expedia and travelzoo though for deals on 'em as well. :yay: