another cat question

D

dems4me

Is there a test out there (aside from x-ray) that can let you know if a cat is pregnant or not? I have one slated to get fixed by lucky ones and I just want to make sure she's not pregnant. Is there a dipstick test or something for cats??? Something cheap but reliable???:confused:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Feel her belly. If she's pregnant she'll be full of lumps. The vet SHOULD do a physical on her before he starts cutting. He should be able to tell.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by appyday
:stupid: I did not see this post..I did not see this post..I did not see this post..

I don't get it - are you making fun of me? Are there none out there?

D

dems4me

Originally posted by pixiegirl
Feel her belly. If she's pregnant she'll be full of lumps. The vet SHOULD do a physical on her before he starts cutting. He should be able to tell.

Well this is Lucky Ones doing they spaying -- they told me that there was no way they could tell until it was too late and they were aborted. The female has put on a lot of weight but it was a stray so I wanted to make sure the weight wasn't from me coddling and spoiling it rotten instead of babies. Thanks Pix:smile:

D

dems4me

Get a home pregnancy test...get a cheap one..run some cat pee over it or put the cat pee in a small cup and dip the stick into it..let me know what it says...good luck

Do they really excrete the same hormones that a pregant women excretes or am I doing all of this for an experiement??? Is that how you test your females??:confused:

D

dems4me

Yes they produce horomones when pregnant as any animal does...make sure you get plenty of pee on it so it will be accurate. Let me know...good luck

Any suggestions on how I should collect the sample from your experience??? Do I just take the dipstick to her backside or something???:confused: :cheesy:

J

justhangn

Oh now that kind of information I can not give out freely...I can teach you but I have to charge....:biggrin:

Translation = tie a cup to your Puss and wait. :yay:

D

dems4me

Oh now that kind of information I can not give out freely...I can teach you but I have to charge....:biggrin:
Well maybe this weekend (now looking like Sunday am) when I bring Bailey over for her claw clipping you can show me??? Where are you located again? Are you free sunday (not as in $$free sunday).:biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by dems4me
Any suggestions on how I should collect the sample from your experience??? Do I just take the dipstick to her backside or something???:confused: :cheesy:
Take a picture of Kerry and flash it at the cat while holding a cup under the backside. That should scare the pee out of it.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Pete
Take a picture of Kerry and flash it at the cat while holding a cup under the backside. That should scare the pee out of it.

:lmao: better yet I'll read it some of bush's speaches that ought to scare the pee out of her and cr@p -- maybe even play the Bush doll for her!!! We are all gonna' die!!!:biggrin:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Pete
I think you have been doing the pregnancy test wrong if you have been using a stool sample.

Not very funny, but to liven your evening until I can get some free time -- say 3 or 4 hours from now -- I've muddied up your thread regarding unemployment -- just for you:biggrin: