Any suggestions on DayCare Providers?

devilvice

Angel
Maybe I am looking in all the wrong places but I can not seem to find a provider open during my work hours. I live in Leonardtown and work in Lexington Park. I don't get off work till 6pm. Does anyone have any suggestions or referals? Any help would be greatful.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
try here or you can talk to a human at the Southern Maryland Childcare Resource Center at 301-290-0045.

If you don't get off work until 6, and can't pick up your child until 6:30 or later, you will have a hard time, but it's not impossible. If you have a child under 2, it gets harder, but the above resource has information on every single licensed provider in the tri-county area.

devilvice

Angel
cm.. thanks for that website. I did a seach and found a few places that I will give a call later on tonight. However, I get the feeling that there will be no space for my daughter. It is worth the shot at least.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I have used the resource center during 2 daycare hunts, and was successful both times. They'll keep giving you names/numbers until you find someone, and are extremely helpful.

Dymphna

Originally posted by devilvice
cm.. thanks for that website. I did a seach and found a few places that I will give a call later on tonight. However, I get the feeling that there will be no space for my daughter. It is worth the shot at least.
If you have trouble with the website, definately try the phone. They can search by more than address, usually by school district and they can do sub searches with times or rates.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by cmcdanal
If you have trouble with the website, definately try the phone. They can search by more than address, usually by school district and they can do sub searches with times or rates.

:yeahthat: I tried the website 1st w/not much luck. On the first list they gave me via phone I found a provider for both my girlies!

Elle

Happy Camper!
That website is a great resource.

how soon will you be needing care?

I ask for a personal reason, my mom is in the permitting/licensing process right now and hopes to be open by this summer. Since it will be in her home her hours will be flexible and she’s in Hollywood so it would be on your way. But like I said it won't be till summertime at the earliest and I know she possibly has 4 or the allowed 7 children already.

devilvice

Angel
My babysitter is moving to calvert in a month or so and I dont want to do the extra travel. In plus I joined Pro Fitness and if I didnt find somewhere around here, I will be paying for a gym that I cant go to since I get off at 6pm and the day care at the gym closes at 7:30pm. So I guess I am kind of in a dilema. I tried calling some numbers, but um, well some of those providers were not in respectable neighborhoods or I couldnt understand them. Anyone else have that problem?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
So I guess I am kind of in a dilema. I tried calling some numbers, but um, well some of those providers were not in respectable neighborhoods or I couldnt understand them. Anyone else have that problem?

Call the number for the center. You can pretty much tell them where you prefer to stay away from, etc... They're awesome and will bend over backwards to help.

devilvice

Angel
I will try the number when I get a chance. Thanks!!! Its just so hard being a single mom plus I work 6 days a week. So no time to make friends or date.. just work and be a mom. Good thing I go on vacation next month. Taking the kid to disney land.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
A question to add here -

I have a toddler who will be 3 when I move there in June. How much should I expect to pay a week for good child care?

devilvice

Angel
I actually just found someone and will be paying about $125 for her but the curriculum is good and well worth it. I was paying $85 and didnt get as much I probably should have. So my guess is around $100, give or take. I have done some research and could probably give you some referrals if you would like. Im going on a interview tonight, think she is a keeper.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
I actually just found someone and will be paying about $125 for her but the curriculum is good and well worth it. I was paying $85 and didnt get as much I probably should have. So my guess is around $100, give or take. I have done some research and could probably give you some referrals if you would like. Im going on a interview tonight, think she is a keeper.

Thank you for the information. My wife will probably end up working for the schools, so its a bit early to start picking one out as of yet. I just wanted to start planning for the cost. I was guessing as high as $550-$600 per month, so I am pleasantly surprised.

devilvice

Angel
Just some advice, its never to early to start picking out a provider. Most of the good ones from what I know have a waiting list. Especially for around summer time. So maybe you will want to look into it.

devilvice

Angel
Originally posted by FromTexas
A question to add here -

I have a toddler who will be 3 when I move there in June. How much should I expect to pay a week for good child care?

where are you coming from?

Dymphna

Originally posted by FromTexas
Thank you for the information. My wife will probably end up working for the schools, so its a bit early to start picking one out as of yet. I just wanted to start planning for the cost. I was guessing as high as $550-$600 per month, so I am pleasantly surprised.
I wish :rolleyes: I charge $110. It depends though. I think Calvert is higher.