Redskins aquire...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Ravens.

March 5, 3pm est.
Washington, DC AP wire...

In a somewhat surprising move today, the Washington Redskins professional football team purchased a potential rival for the leagues "Super Bowl" title, the Baltimore Ravens, lock, stock and punters practice net.

Redskins owner, the young and very aggressive 37 year old Daniel Snyder, a DC native and lifelong team fan, unveiled his most recent and sure to be most controversial, to date, move.

When reached for comment Mr. Snyder stated "Look, I told Mr. Gibbs (past and most succesful Redskins coach recently lured from professional car racing if that makes any sense) he could have whatever, and I mean WHATEVER the #### he wanted."

Mr. Snyder stated further: "When the Ravens tipped my apple cart by grabbing TO (talented yet very annoying superstar wide reciever Terrell Owens, late of the San Francisco 49'ers due to refusal to join a gay marriage) I was ####ed with a capital P. Those bastards had already refused to deal me Ray. (As in Lewis, a linebacker and part time murder witness). So, #### em, I bought the company. Ha! HA HA! HAHAHAH!!!!"

At this point, Mr. Snyder, obviously amused by his comment, had to take an emergency call from Indianapolis, closing with a comment about getting a third quarterback for his team.

League sources, on request of anonymity, stated "eh, what the hell. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Look, it's cheaper to buy a team than it is to pay the signing bonus money that crazy sumbitch was throwing around. Let him know I'm available, would yah?"

Developing...