Tired of

Kirsten

trying to find a sitter by word of mouth. Being stuck in the house basically 24/7 I just am not getting enough input. Did any of you "advertise" say at local grocery store or library for sitters when your children were young?

K

Kizzy

Have you checked around to see if there are any teenagers around that babysit?

Kirsten

Well this is why I am looking to "advertise". The neighbors aren't very responsive to us waving and saying hello. Kain's daughter is allergic to my pets so that is out. Watercolor's niece lives a bit far and I don't think her parents would be comfortable with a LATE night. Just thinking that I might have better luck if I post on a bulletin board in a library or grocery store.

I wish this were easier, took me years to get a good one back in Massachusetts, mainly I just traded off with friends. Worked pretty well. But no friends or family that I can really rely on down here. My friends have older kids and on occasion they are the people we would like to go do stuff with.

Kirsten

I am looking for an occasional sitter, once in awhile on the weekend, you know Friday or Saturday Night. Rarely in the mid to late afternoon during the week when I have a doctor's appt. up in Waldorf.

I would also prefer someone who has their own vehicle and doesn't smoke.

I have three kids. A 6 year old boy and boy/girl twins that are a little over 2.5 years old, they will turn 3 in May.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Hey Kirsten we are in the same boat. It sucks so bad. I do have an occasional sitter for the weekdays but that's it. My husband is on call everyother week to which puts a big damper on everything.

Kirsten

A fellow sufferer. I just don't know what the heck to do. I know I am picky and was so spoiled in Massachusetts being able to trade off with friends or have Grandma and Grandpa and when doing stuff with all of them had a GREAT sitter. Now I am stuck with NONE of those options and going nuts!

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Originally posted by Kirsten
A fellow sufferer. I just don't know what the heck to do. I know I am picky and was so spoiled in Massachusetts being able to trade off with friends or have Grandma and Grandpa and when doing stuff with all of them had a GREAT sitter. Now I am stuck with NONE of those options and going nuts!

Call your local Red Cross Chapter...they offer a babysitting course, may they keep a list of their graduates.

K

Kain99

Well this is why I am looking to "advertise". The neighbors aren't very responsive to us waving and saying hello. Kain's daughter is allergic to my pets so that is out. Watercolor's niece lives a bit far and I don't think her parents would be comfortable with a LATE night. Just thinking that I might have better luck if I post on a bulletin board in a library or grocery store.

I wish this were easier, took me years to get a good one back in Massachusetts, mainly I just traded off with friends. Worked pretty well. But no friends or family that I can really rely on down here. My friends have older kids and on occasion they are the people we would like to go do stuff with.
Kirsten sweetie, if you are willing to bring them here we can do it anytime. :wink:

Kirsten

Originally posted by Kain99
Kirsten sweetie, if you are willing to bring them here we can do it anytime. :wink:

I know, but occasionally we would like to go out late and it would be easier to have them able to go to bed in their own beds and such. I have kept you in mind honest. But you know Chuck and I mostly look at weekend evenings. So I know you don't want a bunch of little cranky monkeys in your house until they collapse and then us coming over and waking them up to get them home at 10 or 11 at night.

Kirsten

Originally posted by citysherry
Call your local Red Cross Chapter...they offer a babysitting course, may they keep a list of their graduates.

Will have to see where the closest one is. I am so not used to being out in the boonies anymore.

Kirsten

Originally posted by Club'nBabySeals
Reason #427 why I will never have children.

13 years of utter-dependency, and a lifetime of inconvenience.

:whip: :bonk: :neener: :killingme:

Thank you for your opinions, do you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add to this? Or are you merely hear as an annoyance to those of us with actual questions?

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Ouch....someone's bitter that they haven't had a night out in a while...:frown:

And the intent was not to annoy, but rather to lighten the mood a little.

As for constructive, I can do that, too. You might try pinning a notice up at one of the local High Schools (not sure whether or not you'd have to get permission from the administration, but I don't see why you would be denied).

TWLs wife

trying to find a sitter by word of mouth. Being stuck in the house basically 24/7 I just am not getting enough input. Did any of you "advertise" say at local grocery store or library for sitters when your children were young?

I'm a stay at home Mommy. I might be able to help you out. Just Pm with Info.

K

Kizzy

I have an idea, why don't Kristen and CMC work something out, like tic for tat. :shrug: Just an idea.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by IM4Change
I have an idea, why don't Kristen and CMC work something out, like tic for tat. :shrug: Just an idea.
Actually I might be able to work something out with that!! I'm thinking it will take some time for us to get to know each others kids. Maybe we could start going to the park so they get to know each other and go from there.:biggrin:

Kirsten

Originally posted by Club'nBabySeals
Ouch....someone's bitter that they haven't had a night out in a while...:frown:

And the intent was not to annoy, but rather to lighten the mood a little.

As for constructive, I can do that, too. You might try pinning a notice up at one of the local High Schools (not sure whether or not you'd have to get permission from the administration, but I don't see why you would be denied).

I am sorry, yes I had thought about that, but need a vehicle at my disposal to do that. Might do that on a day I have the car and get to know where the High Schools are. Thank you and again I apologize, just really tired and need to get out of these four walls.

Kirsten

Originally posted by CMC122
Actually I might be able to work something out with that!! I'm thinking it will take some time for us to get to know each others kids. Maybe we could start going to the park so they get to know each other and go from there.:biggrin:

That isn't a bad idea, would love to get a trade going again. Just need to find Oakville on a map.

Kirsten

No I don't think I could ever be that desperate. In my worst post partum attacks I would just put the twins in their cribs after I had fed and changed them and call my husband when it got to a point where I couldn't function.

I can't believe some people and what they will do to their children. If you think having kids is that much of a cramp in your lifestyle give the children to someone who will care and see them as the gift they are. Albeit a noisy and unconsollable one at times!