Boarding Recommendations?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Did you find a place? I may want to put my doggie up for a few days during the holidays while we two legged folks go out of town...

mAlice

professional daydreamer
We have friends who take their dog to the one on St Andrews Church Rd. occasionally. Their dog loves it!

Vince

I use Riveria Kennels. They are on the road between Hughsville and Prince Frederick. Can't remember the route number. :confused:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
elaine said:
We have friends who take their dog to the one on St Andrews Church Rd. occasionally. Their dog loves it!
I concur with this one. There is also one in Deale that's great. I got the info at home.

marianne

not close but if you're headed north

There's a great boarder in Beltsville, MD called Paradise for Pets (they also breed golden retrievers there). Normally we head north on vacation so, even though they are far, it's not inconvienent as we drop off the dogs on the way.

They have very large, grassy outdoor kennels as well as indoor kennels in case of bad weather for the dogs. Also, if you want, they will put your dog in a large kennel with similar dogs for a short period of time. For example, we have a young rottie and an old greyhound. The greyhound doesn't want anything to do with any other dogs. So when we board them, we have the rottie spend time with other rotties. The dogs love it there and we were so impressed with the setup we've modeled our outdoor kennel similar to theirs. Every other boarder we've seen had cement-only outdoor runs, not large grassy areas.

bernsm

Consider Bone Voyage. They just opened and I attended their open house yesterday. The runs are brightly painted, well ventilated and have nice dog beds. They have a section right off the office just for small dogs (10lbs and under). The owner lives on the property just a stones throw away from the kennel. I know her personally and I would have no qualms about leaving my dogs with her. The number is 301-884-7007 and they are in Mechanicsville just off of 234.