dominance

Angel

~*~*~
how the hell do i break my dog of dominance??!!!!!!!! My man was the dominating figure in our house since we've had her, but... He has left on deployment, so.... the dog has decided she rules the roost..... I need help taking my house back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Next time an issue arises, tell her "no" (or whatever response is necessary) and bite her on the muzzle. :biggrin:

Angel

~*~*~
Originally posted by Sharon
Next time an issue arises, tell her "no" (or whatever response is necessary) and bite her on the muzzle. :biggrin:
:roflmao: thanks for the advice. Many friends have told me I need to tackle her a$$ and hold her down until she's not struggling... lol.. really... and I tried that, but still it didn't work! I am at wits end. I keep telling the boyfriend that I may never want to have children because of this struggle with just a dog!!!!! lol....

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Angel
:roflmao: thanks for the advice. Many friends have told me I need to tackle her a$$ and hold her down until she's not struggling... lol.. really... and I tried that, but still it didn't work! I am at wits end. I keep telling the boyfriend that I may never want to have children because of this struggle with just a dog!!!!! lol....

You have the right idea...
Next time he does something wrong, wrestle with the dog... act angry... raise your voice and yell... until you see his ears pinned against his head and his tail curled between his legs... he may turn over on his back too...

then hold him to that position for a few minutes... then act like you've lost interest...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by migtig
or a can with pennies in it

I've used this in the past w/other dogs and it works like a charm. Just put the pennies in an old soda can and tape the opening shut. A swift shake of the can will definitely alarm the pooch.

Just for the record, it appears that the dog is a female, not a male. Notice the "she" in "the dog has decided she rules the roost". Don't know if this makes a difference.