Piranha

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
We have 6 piranha that we need to get rid of. Anyone interested?

Thanks!

What variety are they? I am interested. If you do not manage to find new homes, put them in a bowl of water and put them outside. Mother nature will take care of the rest, they start to shut down when water temps fall below 50 degrees F. Please do NOT set them loose.

Bonehead

They would not survive

Just like the snakehead fish released in a pond in Crofton. And now they are everywhere. Not worth the chance.

Just like the snakehead fish released in a pond in Crofton. And now they are everywhere. Not worth the chance.

Nope they are tropical, won't make it through the winter. Even if they do so what? Some kid catches one in a pond or lake and makes the news. Big deal.
Two were caught on base last year if I remember right.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

Snakeheads come from a similar climate. There have been studies done much further south of here and a small population may be able to survive and may even winter but will not flourish and reproduce.

Nope they are tropical, won't make it through the winter. Even if they do so what? Some kid catches one in a pond or lake and makes the news. Big deal.
Two were caught on base last year if I remember right.

Exactly. :smoochy: