Robin

Lilypad

Monday I had just buried my 16 yr old beagle mix under her favorite Dogwood tree when a robin flew onto a branch near my shoulder. I reached out to it and it hopped on my arm; it walked up/down my arm around to my shoulder and back. I put it back on a branch, where it sat for at least 5 minutes. I was looking for another Christmas miracle when my dog started going down hill, sometimes you have to be still and it will happen.

Attachments

• Robin 12.26.11.jpg
    Robin 12.26.11.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 439

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Monday I had just buried my 16 yr old beagle mix under her favorite Dogwood tree when a robin flew onto a branch near my shoulder. I reached out to it and it hopped on my arm; it walked up/down my arm around to my shoulder and back. I put it back on a branch, where it sat for at least 5 minutes. I was looking for another Christmas miracle when my dog started going down hill, sometimes you have to be still and it will happen.

:smack:.... you just made me :bawl:.... and have the chills

:huggy:

Pete

Repete
Do you have chinaberry trees? When I was a kid we had them and the berries ferment and the robins would eat them and get drunk. I used to catch them and put them in the screen porch until they sobered up so the cats wouldn't get them.:lol:

Katelin

one day the dark will end

I am so sorry for your loss....16 years is a long time...

But this God gift is amazing..what a blessing!!

I too got chills reading your story and seeing the photo!
WOW!!!
Thank you for sharing this and your message of just being still and being open to receive the miracle!!

Last edited:

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Do you have chinaberry trees? When I was a kid we had them and the berries ferment and the robins would eat them and get drunk. I used to catch them and put them in the screen porch until they sobered up so the cats wouldn't get them.:lol:

That was so nice of you Pete!!

Wenchy

Hot Flash

It might be something about Dogwood trees and pet burial grounds.

I've had the same thing happen with Robins.

CountryLady

luvmyponies

Kinda cool! I hope it didn't have WNV. :whistle:
....Oh sorry about your loss :-(

luvmygdaughters

So Sorry to hear about your beagle. I had to put my girl down last month and I had her for 18 years. I am sure that Robin was a sign telling you that he is okay and better where he's at. Thanks for sharing.

Lilypad

So Sorry to hear about your beagle. I had to put my girl down last month and I had her for 18 years. I am sure that Robin was a sign telling you that she is okay and better where she's at. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, sorry for your loss too. :poorbaby:
I have 2 GSD's and a Dobie but there's nothing like a Beagle. :yahoo: